The latest saws are even better, the GAK just too short in toothed length. If really going at it with the GAK saw, it gets jammed out front or comes completely out of wood with too long and fast a stroke. But good tooth design. It is just their latest is even better.

A little SAK-N-GAK size comparison....the Pathfinder previous (minus corkscrew and awl) weighs about the same as the SAK, while the GAK 1/4 oz heavier 2.9 oz vs 2.5 oz...you never know either are there, incredibly light and rounded. (I prefer the Pathfinder as I have not even a corkscrew printing or against leg, and do not drink alcohol).

Both are jewels for the money, the SAK has nickel silver divider and pins. Two of the best carry knives ever as for size/weight/capability. Again, the GAK saw blade also handles phillips/slotted/bottles/cans, and more reach.

The truly observant might note the SAK blades are heaviest built...stout sucker, stout safe springs. Same knife still made today with annoying keyring stub against palm and named Pioneer.

Which brings to mind one thing I ADORE about the GAK...the beveled lanyard hole through the knife, rather than annoying/protruding/poking/prodding key/lanyard ring or shackle.

A little history...the Swiss came out with the multitool late 1800s, by WWI it was copied in America both as the Lineman knife aka later the TL29 and Scout knife, by WWII we had the all metal MIL-K-818D Scout aka "demo" knife (mine just retrieved from glove box), and the Swiss liked it so much that by late 1950s, they copied the concept with the Pioneer, and SAK adopted by 1960....a full circle.

All are essentially Scout knives, but the Swiss version is half the weight of an American Scout. And far more rounded. Note the smaller/lighter SAK is just as beefy in blades. The had a winner with this one.

Light failing outside so sorry for rushed photos.

Edited by Lofty (08/14/16 08:26 PM)