Oh yeah, long discontinued. I remember shopping around for the replacement at the "secondary sales" sites. I forgot that I had actually plunked money down at one. smile

The "grain auger incident" happened at a small shop that cleans'n'dries wheat to sell as seed to area farmers. The "pit" is for grain trucks coming in from the field to dump their load. It's a relatively small pit, just big enough to catch the width of a truck bed without having to sweep grain into it. It's much too small to "just unload the truck" into it, so the auger has to be cranking while you're dumping and the dump can't be "wide open." It has a grate on top to keep large things (kittens and larger) from dropping into the moving parts.

The first auger runs horizontally, feeds a second auger that lifts grain up (at an angle) to feed a pit for ladder buckets (on a chain) to lift grain up to the top of the building where it can be dumped straight into the cleaner feed bin or diverted to one of the storage bins.

I was working the gate on the back of the truck and an upward motion hooked the knife clip and lifted it clean out of my front pocket. At first we figured that we'd hear it plunk in one of the lift scoops. After a few minutes of waiting and no-show, I shut things down and manually cranked the second auger backwards and the knife popped out.

This was back in the summer of 2001.