I am not saying they never specifically made any 14/18's or 18/14's. I'm just saying that if they broke a tang they didn't waste it....they made one of these. I have no idea who said that or wrote that. It was said. I liked Pete. He was a very nice guy and was always great to be around when I visited the shop. However, and I know I will catch hell for this but Pete was not necessarily always on top of every issue at the shop....my opinion. A good example of that is a thread just posted here regarding "fat stag." I purchased a Mod. 8 at a Gun show in Jackson, MS many years ago now. The knife had an enormous stag handle. So much so that the knife sort of looked awkward. I showed the knife to several of my Randall collector buddies who saw nothing strange about the knife. Spacers and everything perfectly Randall. I sent the knife to Pete and he responded with an explanation that he thought the knife had been rehandled. Other than the size of the stag the knife was a typical Mod. 8. His explanation was that "we don't use stag that big." I disagree. I have seen since that time many knives with "fat stag." I'm not saying Pete is wrong about making these knives. If he said that I'm sure he knew what he was talking about. On the other hand he just didn't remember when explaining the 14/18's or 18/14's to include the broken tang deal.
RKS#2166