Ronnie, as for anything possible, it surely is. "Some guy I knew", and anyone on his team, could use nothing issue at all, and only issued money to buy stuff on black market, plus anything deemed useful dragged a world away from home. Including really boring stuff straight from local sporting goods stores. But it went. Only one of them had a Randall, a stainless #15 Solingen and it was traded away for something larger and less expensive but more useful.

Much turned out to be useless, such as one team member having a large fighter made out of some exotic aerospace alloy with spine nearly 1/2" thick near handle, and it was designed to be unbreakable, and was, and proved to be so via no use whatsoever. But it all went, and could fairly be said to be veteran goods of the conflict, owned by a participant.

As for provenance, it, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder, and as with condition, always highest in eyes of owner, and lowest in the non-owner for whatever reason. Me?....I just like neat historical knives which are neat and historical no matter what....and that fish and bar is neat, I had always assumed them all more as modern Model 10, so I thank Bill for great 1st time close-ups for ignorant me.

Edited by Lofty (07/26/16 01:36 AM)