OK Buck...and "others",
I know it's been a long time coming but I will start to document my photo setup! I have put this project off for a number of reasons but the main one being: I have never been happy with my photo setup! I have been trying a lot of different approaches to this problem, including a prototype of what you are going to see below..."BUT"...(I know: That word again)...it was too friggin' big!
I prefer to have a more permanent setup that will allow a 30-32" photo tent. I have a decent size shop that serves my needs. I still need to use consideration for the overall size of a project, particularly the photo booth. I have decided to reduce the overall size to an interior of 25 1/2" / square! I contracted a 1" steel square-tubed frame to be built (again) using the outside dimensions of: 65 1/2" (tall) X 28 1/2" (wide) X 27" (deep).
The top and bottom will have plywood installed. The top piece will have a circular cutout to accommodate in light fixture. The bottom to be used as the floor for the bottom (storage) section. The 4 rails, welded on the inside will serve as:
A) Storage for my many and various backgrounds
B) Offering different heights to shoot subjects from
C) Be able to move subjects, in & out, like "drawers"
I think this setup will serve me long & well! The steel frame is rock-solid, has 4 "crutch tip" (rubber) feet, and doesn't budge, once set in place! It is still (fairly) portable, weighing only about 30 pounds (empty).
I'll post more photos as I continue to put this rig together. If anyone cares to respond, I would ask you hold off until the finished product is shown. That way, all of the photos will be order with no "gaps" in between. I have no idea how long everything will take...but I'm working on it!
Also: This photo booth will only serve useful for about 90% of my photo needs. To remedy the need for a larger booth I have sacrificed and inexpensive folding card table and cut the 5" off the tubular legs. This will give me a 24" high X 34" (square) top to shoot larger items, from a higher position. I will probably set this rig up outside, using a large piece of muslin cloth and Mother Nature as my "lighting"!
More to come...Capt. Chris

Attachments
------Photo Booth-A.JPG

------Photo Booth-B.JPG

RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com