As for carry of a favorite, had a sheath made by Harry Savage, who will win no beauty awards, but makes extremely solid sheaths of oil tanned leather which is not near so quickly ruinous of metal, makes a variety of Randall specific sheaths reminding one of old JRBs, the thread is linen, and every stitch pulled by hand.

And wait times in weeks, and normally near $50, even on a new oddball request which he had never tried before, and this is his take on how to skin this moose skinner. The loop can be specified for belt width, and stitching independent of sheath body. It hugs the very top heavy knife into place nice and firm with no flop, even with my favorite 25yr old 1" harness leather belt. A good hard use woodsbumming daily driver sheath for a very favorite all-purpose Randall design and particular favorite knife.

What gets me about Harry is that I have had him make at least 10 Randall sheaths and have yet to need send him a knife for fitting and have had one semi-loose strap which still retained the knife just fine. I hate risking shipping an irreplaceable favorite, such as this #19 where never in a million years will they ever make one which fits my hand as perfectly as this one, and this suits me just fine.

Edited by Lofty (07/23/16 01:14 PM)