Bill forges his own damascus and calls this favorite pattern Satan's Lace. That little bowie would seem easy for him to make, his are also based on Louisiana fighting bowies of the knife fighting academies of the 1800s in New Orleans and are historic true bowies. Bill has always been a Louisiana boy and revelled in local history.

Sorry.....added in the wood is cocobolo

Sorry again....keep noticing questions. I know Bill told me what steel he was currently using at the time and when I pro-forma asked.

And then was too busy feeling stupid about asking, and his answer went in one ear and out the other. Bill is the second person in the 20th century to make damascus/wootz in what was a lost art until that time.

I actually do not care one bit what steel he uses as he knows far more about the subject than I and certainly knows best what holds up to actual use with his bowies which still are taken to forward combat areas by folk who actually use them.

And I felt rock stupid for asking, as if I had any true knowledge to insert or true knowledge to contest his choice when all I was looking for was a real bowie which would hold up, and this one has. Still looks good! After dredging her out, shined her up and put on the makeup for the photo spread.

Edited by Lofty (06/22/16 03:09 PM)