Bill lives and works in Texas. Still chugging at 1/4 throttle making knives after triple bypass (or stints or whatever, no doctor, I) and loss of energy, 72yrs old and still forging bowies and still backlogged several years. Will post a photo of my one knife he made for me as soon as I can remember where I put it.

Mike Sastre of River City sheaths still lists a good phone number for Bill, but would rather say that than post it here.

Before anyone goes crazy on the phone, let me mention a basic straight guard bowie now starts at $3000, and his Hell's Belle fighting guard bowie (a week to make the guard alone) is circa $4000. And then there is the 2yr or more backlog.

He is the only living cofounder of the ABS, as far as I know, certainly the only one still working.

Ignore any internet site claiming to be an exclusive dealer. They were charging $5000 or more for a basic knife and Bill cut them off after making a handful for them.

PS- IF Bill takes your order, he will want your physical particulars including height, weight, shoe and/or glove size to match the length, construction/balance to the buyer, as his knives are meant to be a carried weapon. If his sheath does not work for you, Mike Sastre's will. You might be suprised at the numbers of folk carrying 11+" Bagwell knives...concealed. The sort you would meet at a James Keating event/clinic or off to the sides at a SOF convention. They consider it without peer for close range even against a handgun, all things being equal such as one not already caught flatfooted against a gun already pointed at one's head, and even then a practiced knife draw faster than many can get a trigger finger moving while trying to assess the threat.

Edited by Lofty (06/21/16 01:51 AM)