Mr. Bowles put the order in for me. If I recall correctly, it is redwood pin burl. I didn't pick the wood; I just told him I wanted a nice piece of wood that was medium to darkish in color with some character.

Paul Markow from Alabama did the engraving. And he did it in like 3 days. I think I had the knife back from the time I dropped it in the mail in something like 10 days or maybe even less.

I told him I just wanted some American styled scrollwork and let him go with it. The only request I made was to incorporate the pin in the butt into the engraving so it sort of disappears. Which I'm extremely happy with what he did. To me, that pin really takes away from the look of the knife so I'm thrilled that he made it sort of part of the engraving rather than work around it and leave it standing out.

I've never had anything engraved so I didn't really know the terminology or what exactly I wanted. He did a fantastic job of walking me through it. I like engraved shotguns so I wanted something that looked classic like that. He was really good at teaching me what I was actually looking for. The engraving is really deep too, which I like a lot.

It's the only Randall I have my name on smile