Small fish or large...Fresh water or salt...several things remain constant. A fishing knife may have to serve many tasks. I have used my #7-5", #6 grind to cut bulrush, Kissimmee grass, Water hyacinths, lily pads, and sugar cane while on the water on Lake Okeechobee. Both in salt and fresh, I have cut monofilament and braided dacron & nylon out of:
* Boat motors (props, lower end units, etc.
* Rods & reels
* Tackle boxes
etc., etc. I have used it to spread mayonaise, mustard, peanut butter & the like. I have cut up:
* Bait
* Fish
* Cold cuts
* Bandages
* T-shirts
* Kindling
* Fly line & backing
* WD-40 nozzles (for nail knots)
* etc., etc. It has served me for a couple of decades, replacing the previous #7, which was confiscated by customs at West End (Bahamas) back in 1985 (or so). I cannot imagine going out for a day (or longer) on the water without a knife of this type.
Of course, I also carry an electric knife, 3 Model #10's and a S&W 22 magnum! All have been used for more than you want to know! My point in all of this is that your fishing knife doesn't just get used to "fish". It gets "USED"!!...."PERIOD"!! Please consider everything when you make the decision as to exactly "what" Randall Model we build!
OK: Let's start this build with a short list. We can add or subtract from this list and it will not be deducted from until the weekend has passed. We have had great discussion, thus far, and I look forward to even more over the next few days.
Here's a starting point. If you would like me to expound on any of the below-listed choices, please ask. If you have had personal experience with any of these models..."or OTHERS"...please share them. One more thing: When it comes time to pick numbers on this knife, and having the option of buying it or not, you can earn "extra credit" and be allowed an additional number! How? Post photos! If you have fishing pictures or photos of a particular Randall knife you wish to share, we want to see them! Post up a photo and become eligible for an additional number choice! If you don't know how to post photos, I will post them for you.
Let's get started: "SHORT LIST"
A) Model #3
B) Model #4
C) Model #5
D) Model #6
E) Model #7
F) Model #8
G) Model #10
H) Model #22
I) Model #26
J) Denmark Special
K) GTR Special
.....OK: Not that short...and it may get added to...but how about some subtracting? Why don't we decide on which model by eliminating a few?
Waiting to hear from you. What should we add or subtract?
Thanks for your participation, Capt. Chris

Edited by Captain Chris Stanaback (04/22/16 07:43 AM)
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com