As long as there is a radius and smoothly finished, it is not that big a deal on how large the radius might be. You will note the Randall blade IS radiused. And actually very few will break there if no radius and no smooth finish. Folk complaining as to lack of radius are comparing an apple to an orange, thinking a bare blade takes the stress. But the ricasso rear shoulders are resting on solid brass which prevents that area from flexing entirely. Unless a flaw in the steel to begin with (more likely with carbide clumping in stainless) or bad heat treat batch, I would not lose sleep over it, and do not.

Your pommel aka handle butt photo should be saved and posted under a separate sticky of "Why Can't I Just Crank Down On The Nut If Leather Gets Loose?" I was hoping someone would post a dissasembled knife one day to show the butt is not just drilled through and floating up and down. It is butted against tang and will strip thread and/or nut if tightened. You have no idea how many people try to tighten a loose leather handle rather than keep leather sealed and moisturized against shrinking.

Edited by Lofty (02/12/16 09:55 AM)