Hey everybody,
Billy has asked me to delete some of his posts, as he had "timed-out" from being able to do himself. Gladly Brother: No sweat!
With regard to the Ward Gay handle shape on Billy's Model #3 (previous photos posted), some explanation is needed. If you look closely at the 2 knives, you will notice the ivorite is of different stock. The "newer", i.e.: "current" ivorite is shown on the left. It is ever-so-slightly "lighter" than the other stuff the shop used to offer.
Ward Gay handles are unavailable at this time. Back in the day they were available on certain models. Model #20's & #21's were often ordered in this handle shape. (I miss them) I will start a thread on Ward Gay handles, if you would all care to contribute...or , if nothing else, follow it. I am sure there will be a few examples turn up, knowing the extent of collectors (and collections) associated with this forum!
The Model #3 that Billy "purchased" from me in 2013 was shaped earlier than the purchase date. Billy, quite simply, did not know these facts and hence has asked me to revise posts just to keep the record straight.
Hope this helps, Capt. Chris
PS: I am slammed, getting ready to load and head out to Birmingham, Al. early in the morning for the AGCA (Alabama Gun Collectors Assoc.) show this weekend. I will grab a few example of Ward Gay handles and shoot some photos for the thread and get it started upon my return...CCS
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com