I brought my Canon SLR camera back last Saturday from the Fayetteville Gun Show for security reasons. Then on Sunday morning prior to returning to work the Show, I thought the chances a Randall would show up on Sunday worth photographing.would be "nada".

I learned MY lesson. Count on it happening. A retired soldier from the 10st ABN Div showed up with this knife without the sheath.

Its another early Model 14 without the wrist thong hole liner.
I believe he said he got it in 1966, prior to going over to Vietnam. He mentioned that he got it quickly, and I explained to him about the Solingen stamp on the trademark.

I hope I'll be seeing the sheath soon to photograph both together.

Fortunately, I always carry my old Nikon model 995 point & shoot digital camera that I bought in 2001. Hard to believe I paid $900 for this little number from Nikon with 3.3 megapixels.

THe picture quality isn't up to my standards but I didn't want to keep the customer waiting while I fiddled around with the camera trying to remember how to operate all the buttons.

The Latin phrase on the reverse side translate to "Fortune Favors The Bold". He had asked that his name be "erased" on the reverse side as well.

Attachments
------DSCN9861 copy.jpg

------DSCN9868.JPG

------DSCN9863.JPG

------DSCN9865.JPG

Edited by Buck Buchanan (12/11/14 12:49 PM)
Buck Buchanan, RKCC #CM-16, RKS #1003
NRA LIFE
NMLRA LIFE
Authorized Randall Dealer
buck100_10x@icloud.com