Mike it is a great "omen" for RMK collecting in general, plus the condition is outstanding from what I can see in the photos.

Ok fellas, let me try and "clarify" this. In this shitty economy all collectibles have suffered for the most part. There are however still pockets of high end stuff selling, like the recent sale on ebay of Action Comics #1 graded at a 9 condition cuttin loose for $3,207,852.00!

That being said, there seems to be a resurgence to some degree, hence the price realized for the model 1. No one should be too surprised as the realized price was "normal" in the not too distant past.

To the details of model 1:

WWII vintage dating to around early-mid 1943.

Spacer arrangement was used only for a very short time, possibly as little as a month or so.

Original lanyard was still intact. Not a huge deal but a nice bonus.

No real issues visible and overall appeared in very, very nice condition.

Sheath is the earliest of Heiser's obviously modeled after a Clarence Moore sheath with no rivets, high keeper strap, and characteristic stone pouch flap. Plus it is in near mint condition.

Finally, provenance. I can't stress enough how important this is. This one thing can really change the dynamics of desirability and value.

These old 40's pieces are the pinnacle of RMK collecting, and this particular piece is pretty rare. Anyone that has an interest in reading up on some of this stuff should read all the "usual suspects" on the subject and consider acquiring at least one of the vintage for their collection.

BUY-SELL-TRADE