The "after" photo has already been shown in the photo section but here's the "rest of the story". A "Tale Of 2 Skinners"...if you will.
Tanasie hit the nail on the head when he told James Behring that he could..."make a KaBar look good"! No joke. Not that this knife looked bad, it just had (shall we say) "issues".
For one thing, it was too "tip heavy"...too "tip blunt-n-rounded" to make a working skinner for my applications. I love the old "Woodcraft" and "Green River" blade designs. I wanted a heavy knife that would serve both purposes the above-mentioned knives would perform.
Enter James Behring and his talents to, not only forge a great knife...but also to "listen". I gave James 100% complete artistic license on this project. I am over-whelmed with the outcome! See for yourself. Here's the Randall skinner in what I title "Pre Kit Form".
I got this knife from fellow forum member and RKCC charter member, Mike Mason. He was not happy with it either. He just didn't think to commision the services of one James Behring and Behring Made Knives of Missoula, Montana. Enjoy the photos Mike...and ya' ain't gettin' it back!
Best, Capt. Chris

Attachments
------Bowles-Pre Kit-Dec.-13.jpg

RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com