Originally Posted By: tunefink
Could you please elaborate on the details of this knife that places it at a separate production date than the sheath? I am only on my iPhone.... Hard for me to tell.

Thanks,

Sure, happy to share ... its something I've been working on for a while, about ready to put it to community for comment/discussion. The Randall stamp on the blade of the knife in question seems to have been introduced about 1966-1968 or so. It is apparently different from the stamp used previously, all the way back to the '40s.

The sheath is of a gendre that has been thoroughly discussed... either a brown button Heiser-made with Randall-made stamp, production of which probably began in early 1959 and ended early 1963, or a brown button Heiser with Heiser stamp, production of which probably ended early 1959. Note: The Model 1 brown button Heiser sheaths with Randall-made stamp were well stocked when the change to Johnson manufacture was made. They were still being shipped a couple of years later, after other models were not only being shipped in Johnson sheaths but already had transitioned to baby dot snaps.

Edited by Jacknola (10/31/13 11:43 PM)