Pete,

I have no doubts about what Dave wrote about the knives regarding origin of the pair. I met Dave at Blade Show. 2013. His reputation is well known.

It's just that the "number 1" design on your blade looks like someone "scratched" (?) an outline of a number "1" instead of an acid-etched number "1", which is in the serial number, "010" on Rex's knives.

If the number "1" on your pair of Randalls were in the same font & etching as Rex's, I would not be as concerned about the validity of the numbering of your knives. It just doesn't look like Randall Shop workmanship.

I realize too that there is a large span of years between the production of your knives and Rex's knives, but I've seen etching on Randalls that went off to Vietnam, and none showed the design found on your knives.

As stated in the previous post, I'm not trying to "torpedo" the history of the knives. I believe everything else you and Dave have stated. But when you compare the two number "1"s on yours and Rex's, there's a concern for further investigation as to who numbered your knives.

My apologies if I'm overbearing the quandary of the numbering of your knives. I look forward to hearing the voice of authority from the Randall Shop regarding this.
Buck Buchanan, RKCC #CM-16, RKS #1003
NRA LIFE
NMLRA LIFE
Authorized Randall Dealer
buck100_10x@icloud.com