Sorry to change the continuity of the thread, I will have some questions and comments about stabilized wood later.

My question is regarding a build that I am currently chosing options for. In ordereing a Brass nameplate the RMK catalog says they are usually placed on the trademark side of the blade. My knife's sheath is to be a right handed model. If the knife goes in the sheath with the blade edge facing to my rear on the right side of my body then the logo on the blade would be facing toward my body as would the nameplate. Therefore the nameplate would face toard the back of the sheath and would not be visible unless the knife is unsheathed (I hope this makes sense)

So My question is shouldn't the nameplate or any other other handle decoration (like scrimshaw, or ivory inlays) be placed on the non trademark side of the knife for a right handed carry (which is the most common carry side)? I know this is true with holstered pistols, the handle embleshing usually faces out so it can be seen without drawing the firearm. Why does RMK recommend it to be facing the sheath and not be visible?

I'm sure that I am just confused and there is an easy answer to this question...does anyone know the answer???

Thanks
G Snyder RKS #63
RKCC

"REMEMBER, YOU CAN NEVER GO WRONG BY COLLECTING OR OWNING THE BEST"

http://www.knife-collectibles.com