dominionhobby.com Clinton Knives
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#170292 - 04/14/18 02:10 PM Re: Been catching some BIG hogs lately!!! [Re: Windsor]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Lake Fork, East Texas
Hey Windsor:

Also google “Bounty’s paid on feral hogs in Texas” to see which counties are paying. (There are several)

Texas Parks & Wildlife might also have some info.

#171074 - 05/11/18 08:22 AM Re: Been catching some BIG hogs lately!!! [Re: coachblalock]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Earth
I just saw a magazine ad,I think by a rifle company that says there are 6 million Feral Hogs out there. Is that an accurate number or are there more?

Wayne

#171079 - 05/11/18 09:28 AM Re: Been catching some BIG hogs lately!!! [Re: Wayne Dengler]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Texas Parks & Wildlife says there are 1.5 million wild hogs in Texas.

Good Read here:

https://tpwd.texas.gov/huntwild/wild/nuisance/feral_hogs/

#171105 - 05/12/18 08:49 AM Re: Been catching some BIG hogs lately!!! [Re: coachblalock]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Coach,
That is definitely very informative.

I have heard that they cause a great deal of crop and property damage.

Wayne

#171134 - 05/14/18 11:01 AM Re: Been catching some BIG hogs lately!!! [Re: Wayne Dengler]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

REAL BAD!!!!

We cannot grow sweet potatoes, peanuts or watermelons around here any more because of the hogs.

Edited by coachblalock (05/14/18 11:03 AM)

#171153 - 05/15/18 08:16 AM Re: Been catching some BIG hogs lately!!! [Re: coachblalock]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Coach,
I presume that they are good eating???

Would be great if they could be harvested easily then the problem would pretty much be taken care of.

Wayne

#171155 - 05/15/18 09:46 AM Re: Been catching some BIG hogs lately!!! [Re: Wayne Dengler]
pappy19 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Garden Valley, Idaho
Back in the old days, 1960's, when I was in college at Louisiana Tech, in north Louisiana, most of the farmers had hogs that ran wild in the woodland. Twice a year, they would all get together and round them up with their Catahoola Cur dogs. Each farmer had their own distinctive ear cutting. Piglets were taken, males castrated, porkers were removed for feeders, females had their ears cut and older females culled. This went on in east Texas as well. Somehow this eventually stopped and wild feral hog populations grew until we now have a big problem.

Pap

Edited by pappy19 (05/15/18 09:56 AM)
Randall Collector
Behring Made Collector
Ruana Collector
Glock Fan
NRA- Life Member since 1975
mikenlu99@aol.com

#171196 - 05/16/18 08:11 AM Re: Been catching some BIG hogs lately!!! [Re: pappy19]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Pap,
Seems something like with the Nutria population exploding down south. They were used for the fur market then that went out and they were allowed to go to problem they now are.

Top that off with the Snake Head fish that are now decimating our waters. They were released into our waters,have no predators and are pretty much starting to cause a problem.

Wayne

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Mr_Mod