Randall Knife Collectors Club Stanback Knives
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#9932 - 01/31/07 01:28 PM Re: Limit: five options [Re: Chief]
Peter63 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I have to confess– but not very repentfully- that I am one of those who used to buy a couple of Randalls well over list price: a #3 hunter for my father as a gift on his 65th birthday - for obvious reasons he could not wait 5 years for the knife to arrive.; then a friend of mine asked me to get a bushmaster for him within short time as a reward for himself upon his succesful passing the German hunting license exam (which is a costly and time consuming procedure here), the price ticket was 200 bucks over list price but he was very happy when he received the knife. And I have bought quite a bunch of RMK´s in the past with non standard handle material in the wellknown 4-letter internet auctionhouse: for me it does not make any sense to buy exotic woods at relatively high costs locally, and ship that material at costly overseas airfreight charges to the RMK shop if I can get the finished knife at an upmarked but still reasonable price at once.

My point is : people may have very good reasons to pay over list price; and for those of you who are at a loss for a good pretext , here´s one that works anytime:

LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO BUY CHEAP LOW-QUALITY KNIVES .

Cheers & have a good evening.
RKS #1270
RKCC #CMI-008

#9933 - 01/31/07 03:05 PM Re: Limit: five options [Re: Jim_Schroeder]
Keith_Hicks Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Greenbrier, AR
Quote:

My favorite Randall is one that I bought on ebay.

The second that I saw the knife, I knew two things. It was priced "too high" and that I was going to own it. I never thought about bidding on it. I hit the buy it now button and never looked back.

Same here. I have a model 19-5 with I bought off Ebay, paid too much for it, and would do it all over again. The thing is, I wouldn't sell it for twice the amount I paid.
RKS Member #4613

#9934 - 03/10/07 10:01 AM Re: Limit: five options [Re: tunefink]
knifenix Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Tune,silverknife,chief, and other Randall Lovers. I agree the market is high for Randall Knives. I sell my Randall's for a profit and have no remorse for making a few dollars here and there. The cost of Ebay pricing with paypal, final selling fees, and listing cost is about 12% of final selling price. The time you have in shooting pictures,creating listings,answering questions of potential bidders,packaging for shipment,trip to the carrier for shipment,ect.. Hec, I could make more money at my hourly job but is not near as much FUN! If I sell a knife off line I price it to the customer for a reduced price of what eEbay prices would bring. I have never had one Randall returned and I do post a 3 day return policy. I think this shows that most of the purchasers of Randalls know value of a great knife and are very happy to be able to own one. Yes, I did place orders,but in my name only. I took the risk that Randalls would remain a good investmant over the waiting time and am still waiting on most of my orders to arrive. Investing in a Great product and making a few bucks is the American Dream. Whether it be Randall knives, Parker shotguns, coins,ect. it is an investmant and a RISK. We all started out as collectors then got addicted. We all want to upgrade our Randalls to the Sweet looking high options or the older but goodie knives and must part with the newer knives in our collection to be able to afford to upgrade. I would also like to mention Rick Ward, one of the most honest men I have ever met. If you want a Randall make it to the Blade show and get in line. Rick will sell you a Randall for Dealer cost. Same holds true for Tom Clinton. Both great dealers! Well, raining here in Indiana today so no work. Take care and hope to see you all at the Blade show in Atlanta!

#9935 - 03/10/07 03:10 PM Re: Limit: five options [Re: knifenix]
Cabinet_Man Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I just finished reading all 6 pages of this... WoW! I have no idea how I could have missed this thread as it has been on here for a long time. Some very good points made throughout... I love this site Rhett!

I too have purchased Randalls at what some would consider a high price,...as one of you stated "I never looked back", and never will. If the price was an issue, I would have never bought it to begin with...the knife is what I wanted and I was darn happy to get it! No one has a gun pointed at are heads forcing us to click the "buy now" button.
~dale

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Mr_Mod