Miles Swelze Randall Made Knife
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#94720 - 11/02/11 03:15 PM Re: Where to visit famous Randall Knives ***** [Re: Ronnie]
TAH Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: USA
Good investigating, Ronnie. Did Meredith say who did the restoration and if RMK got involved?

Looking forward to the photos!
RKS #4233

#94731 - 11/02/11 07:45 PM Re: Where to visit famous Randall Knives [Re: Hemingway]
Ronnie Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: NW Mississippi
I emailed the photos to the Cap but he said they were too "encrypted" to down load. I don't know what that means other than I can't show you guys the photos. I emailed the Museum Collections Manager and asked if she could send them again so that I could get them to the forums for all of you to see. I'm sure she will respond one way or the other tomorrow and if so I'll send them again to the Cap...if he doesn't mind.
RKS#2166

#94732 - 11/02/11 07:55 PM Re: Where to visit famous Randall Knives [Re: TAH]
Ronnie Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Good question Tom and yes I did ask. The restoration was done by the museums staff that do restorations. As for restoration, when we are able to see the photos you will see that there wasn't much of a restoration done. The knife was basically cleaned and rust was removed. There wasn't anything done in regards to removing the pitting. By that I mean there was no grinding on the blade or polishing like might have been done had the knife been sent back to the Randall shop. At least that is the way it looks to me. Still it is a knife that I would truly like to see up close and personal.
I owned an early Mod. 17 once and like so many other Randall's I sold it to make way for something else. Man I wish I hadn't done that!
Anyway hopefully we can see some photos here tomorrow.
Thanks to all for the positive comments.....I do appreciate it.
RKS#2166

#94733 - 11/02/11 07:59 PM Re: Where to visit famous Randall Knives [Re: Ronnie]
oldguy Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Yeehaw Junction
Ronnie I an glad you found out about the knife."Encrypted Photos" that's interesting. Maybe some kind of Secret Squirrel stuff. The Capt better be careful they might erase his hard drive.oldguy

#94736 - 11/02/11 08:45 PM Re: Where to visit famous Randall Knives [Re: oldguy]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
I downloaded Ronnie's email,,,TWICE and it kept wanting me to "access" another program...and "register" to do so??? Not my cup of tea. I will gladly try and re-size and re-post photos for forum members...BUT...(There's that word again) I ain't "subcribin' to anything to do so. Hope we have better results on the third attempt.
Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#94737 - 11/02/11 08:51 PM Re: Where to visit famous Randall Knives [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Ronnie Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Hopefully Cap she will send them some other way so you don't have to jump thru any hoops to do this. Sorry but as I have said in earlier threads I don't have a clue what the Cap is talking about but if he can't get them to work then....he can't get them to work. If they don't work....I'll draw a picture of the knife. grin wink
RKS#2166

#94738 - 11/02/11 09:28 PM Re: Where to visit famous Randall Knives [Re: Ronnie]
Hemingway Offline
Knife Enthusiast

This has turned into quite the thread. Thanks to all who've contributed.

Now, Ronnie, do you speak Russian?

There's this Model 8 knife in this other museum that you could maybe shoot a call into.....:)

#94739 - 11/02/11 09:52 PM Re: Where to visit famous Randall Knives [Re: Hemingway]
oldguy Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I would like to know about the Powers Model 8 myself. Like was it a old style or new style. Brass or nickel silver. Stag or leather. What other options did it have. Oldguy

#94740 - 11/02/11 09:54 PM Re: Where to visit famous Randall Knives [Re: oldguy]
oldguy Offline
Knife Enthusiast

And while we are at it does any body know how Sarah Palin's Model 25 Trapper is set up? oldguy

#94741 - 11/02/11 10:01 PM Re: Where to visit famous Randall Knives [Re: Hemingway]
Ronnie Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Hemingway...nyet can't help you there. Let's trade the Ruskies something for the Powers knife. Ummmm how bout we send them Obama for a Randall.
RKS#2166

Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod