Randall Made Knife
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#91901 - 08/29/11 10:09 PM Re: Anybody Drilled Your Own Wrist Thong Hole? ***** [Re: Robert Frey]
Tom Vaught Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Michigan
1) I would not drill a Thong Hole in a Randall Knife myself.

2) I would be very interested in seeing Bo's proper usage of the thong in a Randall Knife. Thanks Capt Chris.

3) I meant no disrespect of Leatherman and appreciate his demonstrated usage of the Knife Thong on his Model #14 knife.

4) I have my method and location for a thong hole in a knife and why I use it the way I do.

Tom Vaught

#91905 - 08/29/11 10:45 PM Re: Anybody Drilled Your Own Wrist Thong Hole? [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
T Foster Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Twin Tiers, NY
Originally Posted By: Captain Chris Stanaback
Todd,
It is not uncommon, indeed quite frequent, that a started thread drifts off topic. This thread has stayed, pretty much, on track. Your comments are uncalled for. I don't agree with "leatherman's" style of wrist thong usage and, in fact, there are other ways to use it, including the way Bo Randall showed me. None of these reasons has prompted me to talk down another forum member.
This is a good community of folks, drawn together by the common bond of Randall knives. Please refrain from such curt comments. They are not called for.
Thanks for your cooperation, Capt. Chris

Sorry but I disagree with your opinion. The point was and still is, that this thread is way off course and has nothing to do with the title. Not saying that the current content isn't interesting but it belongs in its own topic. Lets throw in the towel, call it a day and move on, shall we?

#91948 - 08/30/11 09:10 PM Re: Anybody Drilled Your Own Wrist Thong Hole? [Re: T Foster]
oldguy Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Yeehaw Junction
Capt, Is it a Fisherman's knot or the Double Fisherman's knot on the lanyard? oldguy

#91952 - 08/30/11 10:10 PM Re: Anybody Drilled Your Own Wrist Thong Hole? [Re: oldguy]
TonyLaPetri Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Glen Head NY
Cap,
I very much look forward to your new posts ... to learn and be informed.

But! I have to say this ... I hope this "standing tree" was a dead tree ...
Quote:
I cut down a small standing tree to make a fire with,

In all my years as an outdoorsman ... from a boy, to this day ...
CUTTING DOWN LIVE TREES, NO MATTER HOW SMALL, IS AGAINST EVERYTHING I'VE EVER LEARNED AND TAUGHT OTHERS ABOUT THE
OUTDOORS ... UNLESS YOUR LIFE ABSOLUTELY DEPENDED ON IT. Fallen wood and DEAD trees, (as a last resort), is the proper
and responsible way to exist in the outdoors.
In all my outdoor exertions ... even in times of stress ... as in day long paddling in a cold rain, on a wilderness river, have I or
my companions EVER cut down LIVE trees. We've always existed, for days, on dead fall wood ... occasionally, coming upon a totally dead tree,
we would push it down and use it for fuel to cook on on and keep us warm.
Live trees are not to be used.
RKS#1885
RKCC CM-022

#91954 - 08/30/11 10:15 PM Re: Anybody Drilled Your Own Wrist Thong Hole? [Re: TonyLaPetri]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
I didn't cut down a tree Tony:Living, dead or otherwise. Must have been someone elses' post.
Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#91956 - 08/30/11 10:19 PM Re: Anybody Drilled Your Own Wrist Thong Hole? [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
TonyLaPetri Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I know Cap.
I'm sorry for the confusion.
I was commenting on Leatherman's post. And he may have used a dead tree. Just not sure.
RKS#1885
RKCC CM-022

#91959 - 08/30/11 10:29 PM Re: Anybody Drilled Your Own Wrist Thong Hole? [Re: TonyLaPetri]
Leatherman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: IL
on my property I have a section of my woods that is essentially a gravel hill. the majority of the trees in this area are dead. (I have actually almost been hit by a widow maker several times here) This young black cherry in the picture was dead or nearly dead, one reason why I like to make fire in this area is because of the abundance of standing dead wood. My father and I fell a very large white oak a few years ago that we think died from the gravel (with axes and a misery whip!)

I am very serious about reforestation on my property.

#91960 - 08/30/11 10:31 PM Re: Anybody Drilled Your Own Wrist Thong Hole? [Re: Leatherman]
TonyLaPetri Offline
Knife Enthusiast

That's good to know, Ben!
Thanks,
Tony
RKS#1885
RKCC CM-022

#91961 - 08/30/11 10:44 PM Re: Anybody Drilled Your Own Wrist Thong Hole? [Re: TonyLaPetri]
T Foster Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Twin Tiers, NY
Tony,

I'm begging you as a fellow New Yorker and reasonable person. What does all this have to do with drilling a finished knife for a wrist thong hole? I've been asking this question for two days and I would love to know the happy ending to the original post. Does anyone have a clue to answer to the original post?

#91964 - 08/30/11 10:56 PM Re: Anybody Drilled Your Own Wrist Thong Hole? [Re: T Foster]
TonyLaPetri Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Yeah, You're right Foster.
But sometimes, as has been stated, a post will take a slight turn. It's natural.
What can you do?
grin
RKS#1885
RKCC CM-022

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod