Randall Knife Collectors Club Clinton Knives
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#91874 - 08/29/11 11:23 AM Re: Anybody Drilled Your Own Wrist Thong Hole? ***** [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Leatherman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: IL
Thanks Capt!

#91875 - 08/29/11 01:20 PM Re: Anybody Drilled Your Own Wrist Thong Hole? [Re: Leatherman]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
.........."I always thought that you just put around your wrist in case it slipped out of your hand.".......

Not even close!!
...to be cont....Capt. Chris
PS: Incidently: At every gun & knife show, when I sell any Randall knife with the wrist thong option, I always demonstrate the proper knots and hold...Always! I think it's the least I can do as an authorized Randall knife dealer...Especially after Bo made it a point to show me!..CCS
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#91877 - 08/29/11 01:47 PM Re: Anybody Drilled Your Own Wrist Thong Hole? [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
kalervo Offline
Knife Enthusiast

If you run the lanyard over the BACK of the hand, then over top to the thumb, you accomplish several things. One, the twisted cord serves as a stop to keep the knife moving forward out of your hand. Two, you can move your hand rearward on the handle, snug up against the cord, and extend the chopping ability of the blade. Three, and most important , is that if the knife does go flying out of your hand, it tends to swing OUTWARD from your body, instead of inward. .
shag #29

#91878 - 08/29/11 01:49 PM Re: Anybody Drilled Your Own Wrist Thong Hole? [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
oldguy Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Yeehaw Junction
Originally Posted By: Captain Chris Stanaback
.........."I always thought that you just put around your wrist in case it slipped out of your hand.".......

Not even close!!
...to be cont....Capt. Chris
PS: Incidently: At every gun & knife show, when I sell any Randall knife with the wrist thong option, I always demonstrate the proper knots and hold...Always! I think it's the least I can do as an authorized Randall knife dealer...Especially after Bo made it a point to show me!..CCS

Capt,I just know your not picking on me now are you? cry Old guy

#91879 - 08/29/11 02:46 PM Re: Anybody Drilled Your Own Wrist Thong Hole? [Re: oldguy]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
Absolutely not...but you're not even close!
Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#91880 - 08/29/11 02:49 PM Re: Anybody Drilled Your Own Wrist Thong Hole? [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Rick Magee Offline
Knife Enthusiast

At every gun & knife show, when I sell any Randall knife with the wrist thong option, I always demonstrate the proper knots and hold...Always! I think it's the least I can do as an authorized Randall knife dealer...Especially after Bo made it a point to show me!..CCS

Having seen this in person I can attest to it's cleverness and usefulness. And yes, I have completely forgotten how to do it. blush
RKS #2911

#91881 - 08/29/11 02:57 PM Re: Anybody Drilled Your Own Wrist Thong Hole? [Re: Rick Magee]
KENKAN Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: NWMS
CAPT. CHRIS SHOWED ME THIS METHOD MANY YEARS AGO AND WILL BE
POSTING WITH PHOTO'S LATER
YOU WILL BE AMAZED HOW WELL IT WORKS

KEN LAMBERT
RKS #3610
NRA BENEFACTOR
FOP
RKCC CM-020 RKS#3210
NRA Benefactor
Life Member AGCA
Member TACA
FOP

#91882 - 08/29/11 03:26 PM Re: Anybody Drilled Your Own Wrist Thong Hole? [Re: kalervo]
Leatherman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: IL
Originally Posted By: kalervo
If you run the lanyard over the BACK of the hand, then over top to the thumb, you accomplish several things. One, the twisted cord serves as a stop to keep the knife moving forward out of your hand. Two, you can move your hand rearward on the handle, snug up against the cord, and extend the chopping ability of the blade. Three, and most important , is that if the knife does go flying out of your hand, it tends to swing OUTWARD from your body, instead of inward. .

+1 this is a good method no matter what anyone says, I have used it enough to know.

#91883 - 08/29/11 03:34 PM Re: Anybody Drilled Your Own Wrist Thong Hole? [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
oldguy Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Yeehaw Junction
Absolutely not...but you're not even close!
Best, Capt. Chris

Capt, To be honest I like the lanyards but they get in my way,probably because I was not doing it the right way. I remember seeing a picture of a knife of yours with with the lanyard done the way I think you are talking about. I can't wait for your instructions. Will this be a free lesson or do we need to buy tickets? oldguy

#91884 - 08/29/11 04:08 PM Re: Anybody Drilled Your Own Wrist Thong Hole? [Re: oldguy]
Robert Frey Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Wausau, WI USA
Good news Capt., I would definitely like to see Bo's proper usage of the Wrist Thong demonstrated!!!

NRA Life Member

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod