Miles Swelze
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#91842 - 08/28/11 08:05 PM Re: Anybody Drilled Your Own Wrist Thong Hole? ***** [Re: Tom Vaught]
Leatherman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: IL
I cut down a small standing tree to make a fire with, all I had with me was the 14 so I used it.

Indeed we all have our own ways in the woods. This was just a fun christmas eve day with the 14!

PS. IMO this is the only right way to use a lanyard on a knife as if you were to actually throw a knife with a loose loop around your wrist you are attached to a flying knife blade shocked This way the knife stays in your hand smile

Edited by Leatherman (08/28/11 08:07 PM)

#91854 - 08/28/11 10:45 PM Re: Anybody Drilled Your Own Wrist Thong Hole? [Re: Leatherman]
T Foster Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Twin Tiers, NY
Leatherman,

This thread started out with someone asking if anyone has drilled a wrist thong hole on a completed knife and ended up with you giving personal instruction on how to use a wrist thong. I'm having a problem understanding your motives. I found the original thread very interesting.
Start your own thread on the use and care of wrist thongs.

#91857 - 08/28/11 11:01 PM Re: Anybody Drilled Your Own Wrist Thong Hole? [Re: T Foster]
pappy19 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Garden Valley, Idaho
Since you are a new comer and not a moderator, MYOB. I enjoyed his thread. Go somewhere else if you don't like it.

Pap
Randall Collector
Behring Made Collector
Ruana Collector
Glock Fan
NRA- Life Member since 1975
mikenlu99@aol.com

#91858 - 08/28/11 11:18 PM Re: Anybody Drilled Your Own Wrist Thong Hole? [Re: T Foster]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
Todd,
It is not uncommon, indeed quite frequent, that a started thread drifts off topic. This thread has stayed, pretty much, on track. Your comments are uncalled for. I don't agree with "leatherman's" style of wrist thong usage and, in fact, there are other ways to use it, including the way Bo Randall showed me. None of these reasons has prompted me to talk down another forum member.
This is a good community of folks, drawn together by the common bond of Randall knives. Please refrain from such curt comments. They are not called for.
Thanks for your cooperation, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#91860 - 08/29/11 01:37 AM Re: Anybody Drilled Your Own Wrist Thong Hole? [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Robert Frey Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Wausau, WI USA
Wrist Thong related = same same.

NRA Life Member

#91864 - 08/29/11 04:48 AM Re: Anybody Drilled Your Own Wrist Thong Hole? [Re: Robert Frey]
Topos Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Bob, could a man who drills out the wrist thong on a Randall fall into the
same category as a man considering performing his own vasectomy?? smile smile

[Sorry, I could not resist after surviving hurricane Oba.., I mean Irene.]

Best.

SHAG #14

#91866 - 08/29/11 07:57 AM Re: Anybody Drilled Your Own Wrist Thong Hole? [Re: Topos]
TonyLaPetri Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Glen Head NY
"OUCH"
grin
RKS#1885
RKCC CM-022

#91870 - 08/29/11 10:44 AM Re: Anybody Drilled Your Own Wrist Thong Hole? [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Leatherman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: IL
Originally Posted By: Captain Chris Stanaback
Todd,
It is not uncommon, indeed quite frequent, that a started thread drifts off topic. This thread has stayed, pretty much, on track. Your comments are uncalled for. I don't agree with "leatherman's" style of wrist thong usage and, in fact, there are other ways to use it, including the way Bo Randall showed me. None of these reasons has prompted me to talk down another forum member.
This is a good community of folks, drawn together by the common bond of Randall knives. Please refrain from such curt comments. They are not called for.
Thanks for your cooperation, Capt. Chris

I am extremely interested to know how the man himself intended the use of the wrist thong, and would appreciate you sharing this.

#91872 - 08/29/11 10:56 AM Re: Anybody Drilled Your Own Wrist Thong Hole? [Re: Leatherman]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
Ben,
I have 2 new threads to start this week. Both require photos. As soon as I get a chance I'll include a photo-op for proper wrist thong usage. It was not designed for your purpose Ben. I am sure everyone will find it interesting at any rate.
....to be continued...Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#91873 - 08/29/11 11:03 AM Re: Anybody Drilled Your Own Wrist Thong Hole? [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
oldguy Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Yeehaw Junction
Capt, Please show or tell us how Mr.Randall showed you. I always thought that you just put around your wrist in case it slipped out of your hand.
Oldguy

Edited by oldguy (08/29/11 11:03 AM)

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod