Randall Made Knife James Behring Knives
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 60 of 175 < 1 2 ... 58 59 60 61 62 ... 174 175 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#85329 - 01/25/11 03:56 PM Re: Randall "ordering" questions * [Re: Leatherman]
Stephen Offline
Just dropped in

So her is my ordering question:
Let's say someone wanted a (matching) set (like 8) of the Model 6 Steak Knves to go along with the All Purpose Carving Set - any way to get something like that at one time so that the set is as close to matching in looks as possible? And exactly how would one accomplish same? Thanks.

Edited by Stephen (01/25/11 03:57 PM)

#85331 - 01/25/11 04:14 PM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Stephen]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
The chances of all 8 pieces looking the same is not as good if you order stag handles for example. Just the nature of stag has too many different possibilities from one piece to another. To eliminate this problem, buy your own stag. That way you can match up all 8 pieces, right in front of your own eyes, at one time. You can also feel the size and curvature for fit in your hand.
OK: Now if you order micarta your #6 steak knives will have an excellent chance of matching quite well! Understand that, if ordered directly from the Randall shop, this order will take 2 years to complete. The shop limits knife orders to 4 per year, per household. It is one of the hardest items to find completed. I have only taken orders for a handful in 30 years of messin' with Randall knives!
I don't know if any of this answer was what you were looking for, but it's a close as I can get. Hope it helps somewhat.
Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#85493 - 01/30/11 08:35 PM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Stephen Offline
Just dropped in

Thanks for the answer and information.

#85536 - 02/01/11 05:03 PM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
thevalueman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Georgia
Capt...or anybody
The Randall handle size chart(I know...I'm a poet)
states that "materials not available on Model #10 blah, blah...till it gets to "or light color micarta"...
My question is this...what abour yellow micarta material. I would think that would be considered to be "light" in color
Thanks
:-)Rocky
RKCC#25

#85539 - 02/01/11 06:03 PM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: thevalueman]
Knife Enthusiast

Light...in the past...has referred to ivory-colored materials. I think there was a problem in the past with the very light materials exposing the tang. Also: Some of the old white crap (we actually used to list it by this name) was poor quality. If you are speaking of AGM...and if it is the "exact" same AGM it is probably a "go", "BUT" (I know...I know) the laminated AGM micarta that is similar and not the same? I think not. Hope this helps. The shop will not install bright yellow for the same reasons as have been explained here.
Best, Capt. Chris

Attachments
------#10-5 (AGM #2) (Small).JPG

RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#85562 - 02/02/11 08:00 AM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
thevalueman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Georgia
Capt,
Thanks
:-)Rocky
RKCC#25

#85961 - 02/15/11 08:25 PM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: thevalueman]
Knife Enthusiast

This notice is for all Randall knife freaks on this forum.
I was at the Randall shop today, picking up my order. I was in Gary Randall's office showing him a miniature axe made by an old former employess, Will Pass. Afterwards Gary asked me to let everyone on the forums know that the long delay in scheduled shipping date is coming down! This is great news. In the past couple of years the Randall shop has cut the delay from "over 3 months" down to "7 weeks"!!
If you have knives orderd from the shop or a dealer the delivery time is closing in towards the actual scheduled date. The actual delivery time, i.e. the time from when you order until delivery is still 58-59 months (Jan., 2016 right now)...but at least they are getting close to delivering on the dates promised!
Thanks to Scott, Jason, Jed and the whole crew of makers for steppin' up. It's much appreciated!
Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#85966 - 02/16/11 09:12 AM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
TonyLaPetri Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Glen Head NY
Great news Cap. Thanks for the up-date!!
Tony
RKS#1885
RKCC CM-022

#85981 - 02/16/11 09:58 PM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
2ninersavo Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Capt, If I order a Model 26 Pathfinder with these options do I have four or five chargables?
Stainless Blade.
Wrist Thong.
25B Handle and Round Off the Buttcap.
Replace the center handle stag with Green Micarta.
Also on the 25B handles will the shop use Red in the Spacers instead on Black? If so is it a chargable?
Thanks 29R

#85982 - 02/16/11 10:28 PM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: 2ninersavo]
Knife Enthusiast

5 options but only "3" chargeable, i.e.
* Stainless
* Wrist thong
* B-25 handle

Green micarta is an option over the stag center but not chargeable. Rounded butt caps...same scenario. B-25 (Brass) or N-25 (Nickel silver & aluminum) are "only" available with black fiber spacers between the metal ones. Hope this helps.
Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

Page 60 of 175 < 1 2 ... 58 59 60 61 62 ... 174 175 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod