Randall Knife Collectors Club Clinton Knives
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#808 - 07/01/08 04:53 PM Re: Gent's Knives [Re: JM1]
JM1 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I'm no match to John. I'm less than little leagues. But the knife on the att. has a neat story. To summarize it a great deal, I had to travel to the Atlanta show in 2001, to pick it up. Professor Tony says: You want it, you come get it in Atlanta. And meself goes gets it in Atlanta. So there I am in Atlanta, not overly interested in knives other than the ones from Wilfred, I walk around and around like everyone else does at the show, and end up at the table of this very nice man who is engraving knives. Stupid, ignorant me gets to watching the guy work, and we get to talking and I end up giving him the knife for engraving the bolsters. The engraving is fair, I guess, and it brings back great memories, but I love my Wilfred knives just the way they come from the bench. Anyways, thanks for reading.

Attachments
41814-DSC01240(3).JPG (501 downloads)

#809 - 07/01/08 06:02 PM Re: Gent's Knives [Re: JM1]
Whiteman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Indiana
Here is your pic.. Great looking gunstock!!

Edited by Whiteman (07/01/08 06:02 PM)

#810 - 07/01/08 06:15 PM Re: Gent's Knives [Re: Whiteman]
JM1 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Thank you, brother. We'll have to start an S&M group or something. I bring the girls and you bring the whips.

#811 - 07/01/08 06:19 PM Re: Gent's Knives [Re: JM1]
John_Nugent Offline
Knife Enthusiast

That is a nice GunStock...that was the very first pattern I ordered from Wilfred Works....that was a long month to wait

#812 - 07/02/08 09:37 AM Re: Gent's Knives [Re: JM1]
John_Nugent Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Quote:

Ok, Mr. Juan... Here goes one from my humble stable. Please open att. I'm a dumb country boy and can't post pics otherwise. I took my meds now so I'm ready for some more of your pics. Let's keep the banjos playing.

Juan is this your EDC?
Ebony or Micarta?

#813 - 07/02/08 03:11 PM Re: Gent's Knives [Re: John_Nugent]
JM1 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

EDC...? Me don't know what EDC mean. Anyways, yes, the knife (and the Pelican) is mine. Is the first knife Prof. Tony built for me. It's got Micarta scales. I had it in my pocket for years. Until recently, really, as now I carry the single blade trapper everywhere. I won't elaborate on the "everywhere".

#814 - 07/06/08 10:40 AM Re: Gent's Knives [Re: JM1]
John_Nugent Offline
Knife Enthusiast

EDC...every day carry

.....and that is a nice knife with all the patina on it...well as much Patina as Micarta can get.

I was given a Micarta 2 blade WT along time ago in a different Galaxy...I carried it for a year or two. I noticed that the Micarta actually got a polished look to it..... rubbing on keys and coins and such...very cool look to it.

So where you been carring that?....please elaborate

#815 - 07/06/08 01:52 PM Re: Gent's Knives [Re: John_Nugent]
JM1 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Well, that little knife has been in my right front pocket for several years. I've used it for anything and everything including skinning pecari (a small tropical boar like pig), deer, ducks...

It's the first knife that Mr. Bose made for me. I had asked an old friend, Bill Keeton, to make a folding knife for me. Bill makes wonderful fixed blade knives and he's made a few for me, all hunting knives. Folders are not Bill's specialty so, being the good friend he is he told me to contact his friend Tony Bose.

I wanted a do it all little knife to keep in my pocket. Before then, I only had fixed blade knives which I used for hunting, and the odd Buck folder. Thus, I ordered Micarta scales. Of course, now I wish I had ordered stag scales for that baby.

Anyhow, that little knife is a champ and I wouldn't get rid of it for half of Fort Knox.

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator:  John_Hanlon, John_Nugent, kdhampton