Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#778 - 02/03/08 08:29 PM Re: Gent's Knives [Re: VCM]
kdhampton Offline
Moderator Bose Forum

Loc: Terre Haute, IN
Quote:

I have a question,and maybe it is not really a legit one.
I have heard that Tony refers to the 3-1/4" single swayback,like the one I posted,as a "Swayback Gent knife",and a two blade version,a "Swayback Jack",but I've only seen the 2 blade in the 3-5/8" size
Would a 2 blade 3-1/4" Swayback,be called a "Swayback Gents Jack"?
I'm not trying to be a wiseguy either.Any chance on a picture of such a knife?Thanks John,great thread.
-Vince

I have only focused on slip joints now for the last couple of years and there seems to be a lot of wiggle room when it comes to what knives are called.

For instance, when a knife has 2 blades and they pivot on the same end it's called a "jack knife". But there are specialized jack knives like trappers, electricians, etc. Still, they are jack knives. Just a little confusing when you are trying to learn stuff

So, what the heck do you call a knife that was a jack knife with 2 blades and you take away a blade? It's not really a jack knife any more. I think that is why Tony calls a "swayback jack pattern" with a single blade a gents knife. That's the way I see it but what the hell do I know.

#779 - 02/03/08 10:15 PM Re: Gent's Knives [Re: kdhampton]
John_Nugent Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Indiana
I have focused a little longer than a couple of years...and seen a few knives.

I think the best all time “everyday carry knife” is a 3 1/2” wharncliffe trapper...and I back this up with having had one in my pocket for maybe the last 10 years...but

I must be honest with you all...I have been thinking about the definition of a Gent’s Knife off and on today......to me there is only one ultimate “gent’s knife”....of course not all would agree with me....but the coolest small... three inch knife to me is a five blade stockman in remington bone...killer pimple stage would be killer too...I thought at one time ivory would be right up there...but I think the remington bone with a baby federal shield has what it takes. Truly a Gentlemen’s Knife.

If you have not seen one of these in person you have no idea of what I am talking about. All those blades crammed into that small little frame is crazy. If you like “lots going on” in a small package then you need to see one of these....in person and have it in your hand ....its has to be one of the coolest Bose knives out there...Just my two cents.

#780 - 02/03/08 10:28 PM Re: Gent's Knives [Re: John_Nugent]
VCM Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Eastern L.I.,N.Y.
I'd like to see one John,I bet it is a real wonder.
I agree about the trapper,too.It is really kinda hard to beat that.I'm carrying a T Bose WT shadow for edc /work,and rotating a Reese WT with bone,on lighter duty days,lately moreso.
But you know us knifenuts,no matter how perfect the pattern,we're always looking around the corner.
The Bose knives are all truly fantastic,this is a great Forum,
-Vince

#781 - 02/04/08 06:14 AM Re: Gent's Knives [Re: VCM]
Bob_Glassman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Here is a Reese Bose Double blade pearl peanut. Fits nice in the pocket and you hardly know it is there even in a pouch..

Attachments
33883-rbose_peanut_700.jpg (498 downloads)

Edited by Bob_Glassman (02/04/08 06:15 AM)

#782 - 02/05/08 06:03 PM Re: Gent's Knives [Re: Bob_Glassman]
John_Nugent Offline
Knife Enthusiast

That is a neat little knife....I know a few ladies that would love to put one of those in their purse!

#783 - 02/05/08 06:09 PM Re: Gent's Knives [Re: VCM]
John_Nugent Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Quote:

I'd like to see one John,I bet it is a real wonder.

It is.....but you need to see that knife in person..
A scan just doesn't cut it...not even a "KerryShot" would really get the full effect.

#784 - 02/08/08 01:10 PM New Stag Teardrop from Tony [Re: VCM]
kdhampton Offline
Moderator Bose Forum

Loc: Terre Haute, IN
#2 covered with carmely stag goodness.

#785 - 02/08/08 01:13 PM Re: New Stag Teardrop from Tony [Re: kdhampton]
John_Nugent Offline
Knife Enthusiast

carmely stag is right

#786 - 06/30/08 03:24 PM Re: New Stag Teardrop from Tony [Re: John_Nugent]
John_Nugent Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Someone told me that these were girlie today.....Ya think?

#787 - 06/30/08 05:53 PM Re: Gent's Knives [Re: VCM]
JM1 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Great minds think alike. There is an att. right above, please open. Thanks.

Attachments
41742-DSC01229(2).JPG (502 downloads)

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  John_Hanlon, John_Nugent, kdhampton