dominionhobby.com Clinton Knives
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#73398 - 02/06/10 11:36 PM I was robbed!!! *
David Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Idaho
On Thursday night, our cars were robbed in our driveway. More than $1,800 in radar detectors, GPS units, change cups, cell phone chargers and sunglasses were stolen. They were in and out quickly. Two Randall knives in the back of my Yukon were left untouched.

We live in a very safe, semi-rural area. When we bought the house in 2005, the former owners did not even have keys to the doors. I was stunned.

Unfortunately, the local police were not surprised. They said there have been a rash of such burglaries recently by teams coming out to the suburbs to hit soft targets. They said be careful because they may come back to hit you again after you replace the stolen items. I am still angry. I'm thinking about putting a trail camera outside to photograph anything that comes up the driveway.
SHAG No. 003
NRA Life Member
www.explorerconsulting.com

#73399 - 02/07/10 01:24 AM Re: I was robbed!!! [Re: David]
Doug74 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: NE
Scum-Bags!

#73400 - 02/07/10 05:51 AM Re: I was robbed!!! [Re: David]
Oldvetnam1 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: NJ
That really sucks David. Seems like you can't get away from the scumbags anymore. The trail camera sounds like a good idea. I hope they catch them.
RKS #5715
SHAG #006

#73401 - 02/07/10 10:01 AM Re: I was robbed!!! [Re: David]
eddie Offline
Knife Enthusiast

How about a you and a buddy waiting for them with a couple of Louieville sluggers. Hit them in the knees first so they can't run. Then you will have your way.

Don't forget to have a piece tucked in your belt just in case they are packing also, but generally after a good shot to the knee from Uncle Louis, their hands are too busy holding on to that busted up knee to do anything else.

Oh yeah, don't forget to leave your car door unlocked so they you won't have something to fix.

#73402 - 02/07/10 10:05 AM Re: I was robbed!!! [Re: eddie]
David Offline
Knife Enthusiast

The cops were sympathetic but said realistically the chances are good they will come back after you replace your stolen items. Next time I will be better prepared.

Is a Gammo considered deadly force? If used from the upstairs window, that would start the ball rolling with something to remind them this was a bad idea. I have something stronger for self defense.

Edited by David (02/07/10 10:12 AM)
SHAG No. 003
NRA Life Member

#73403 - 02/07/10 10:22 AM Re: I was robbed!!! [Re: David]
TonyLaPetri Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Glen Head NY
Sorry to Hear this David.
On the practical side, a motion sensor light might be a good deterrent.
But I'm all for the "Uncle Louis" solution!
Tony
Hey ... the motion sensor light could also work as an alert to you, so you could have some fun with the Gammo!
RKS#1885
RKCC CM-022

#73404 - 02/07/10 11:21 AM Re: I was robbed!!! [Re: David]
Peter_Kaufman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Southeast Utah
HI David
I recommend the motion detector light, and perhaps some indicator inside the house when the lights go on.
Also, do you have alarms on your vehicles? That would allow you try to stop them too. Trail camera is a good idea to identify them or their vehicle. Perhaps let all of your neighbors know to be alert for suspicious vehicles and people.

Peter
SAF
RKCC CM-023
RKS #5642
SHAG # 005
Ironwood Nut
Life is too short to have ugly knives

#73405 - 02/07/10 12:47 PM Re: I was robbed!!! [Re: Peter_Kaufman]
pappy19 Online
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Garden Valley, Idaho
I was at a gun show in Phoenix and parked my Ford truck in the main parking lot. I didn't have an alarm but had an anti-unlocking system (that failed) and while in the gun show (1-2pm) theives broke into my truck and stole all of my tools, camera, GPS and radar detector. After that I got a Clifford 3.5 alarm, fixed the defective part on the lock and haven't had any problems since.

What brand of vehicles do you have?

Pap
Randall Collector
Behring Made Collector
Ruana Collector
Glock Fan
NRA- Life Member since 1975
mikenlu99@aol.com

#73406 - 02/07/10 03:55 PM Re: I was robbed!!! [Re: David]
alan_grombacher Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Canada
Hey David,

Same thing happened to me in Alberta (twice). Do you have a future inmate (teenager) that lives nearbye? In my case, the little bastard lived through the block.

Al Grombacher
RKS#5531
RKS#5531

#73407 - 02/07/10 08:29 PM Re: I was robbed!!! [Re: alan_grombacher]
David Offline
Knife Enthusiast

It could be kids or it could be regular thieves. There are not many teens around here, and it was a Thursday night, so I am thinking it was thieves. There is a motion sensor light out there but I didn't see it tripped. We also have large spots and a big dog. Nothing worked.

I am thinking about a trail cam to photograph anything on the driveway day or night. The problem is I hear they are unreliable. Does anybody know of a good one?

For now we just have to lock the cars ('05 Yukon and '98 4Runner) and see what happens.
SHAG No. 003
NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod