Miles Swelze Clinton Knives
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#73408 - 02/07/10 10:51 PM Re: I was robbed!!! * [Re: David]
JRW Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: East Texas
Trail Cams!!!

Baseball balls!!!

Semi Rural Areas!!!

Lock the Cars for Now!!! Now that's a hell of an idea!!

How about about an old idea----a GARAGE---put the car/truck in it????

No offense folks, but get real-- if you leave your vehicle out with stuff in it, locked or unlocked, what do you expect to happen????

John Westbrook
RKS #4496

#73409 - 02/07/10 11:04 PM Re: I was robbed!!! [Re: JRW]
alan_grombacher Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Canada
John,
Mine was locked both times. The little bastard had a automatic lock descrambler. He doesn't have it anymore. Thanks for the insightful comments.

Al Grombacher
RKS#5531
RKS#5531

#73410 - 02/07/10 11:04 PM Re: I was robbed!!! [Re: JRW]
Sidney_Redford Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Blue Ridge Mtns. Va.
John maybe everyone doesn't have a garage. People have there houses broken into all the time so what makes a garage so special? I say shoot the SOB.
RKS #84 NRA Life. Shag # 11

#73411 - 02/07/10 11:38 PM Re: I was robbed!!! [Re: Sidney_Redford]
David Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Idaho
I have a garage. It's where I keep the motorcycle and the tractor, and all the crap you accumulate when you have four kids. I also have three acres and a long driveway, specifically so I can have some privacy.
SHAG No. 003
NRA Life Member
www.explorerconsulting.com

#73412 - 02/08/10 07:39 AM Re: I was robbed!!! [Re: David]
Peter_Kaufman Online
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Southeast Utah
David
One of my friends has a long driveway and has a sensor that detects when a vehicle enters the driveway which sends a signal inside the house. That way you know someone is coming and can take appropriate action.

Peter
SAF
RKCC CM-023
RKS #5642
SHAG # 005
Ironwood Nut
Life is too short to have ugly knives

#73413 - 02/08/10 08:55 AM Re: I was robbed!!! [Re: Peter_Kaufman]
TonyLaPetri Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Glen Head NY
That sounds like a good idea!!!
RKS#1885
RKCC CM-022

#73414 - 02/08/10 01:21 PM Re: I was robbed!!! [Re: David]
New2Randalls Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Kalifornia
My dad told me of his anti theft device he used on his 1939 Packard convertible that he had when he was in high school. He setup 4 Model T coils, positive to the battery and the negative he ground to the chassis, you could use an Accel Super Coil, about 24,000 volts, today. He also had a toggle switch for on/off hidden under the left fender. He said his car was never stolen or broken into, although he did find burnt skin several times on his door handles and there was the occasional loud meow from the local cats that would try to jump up on the car for the warmth. Although, this might be illegal nowadays

Dan Snyder #5537

#73415 - 02/08/10 01:44 PM Re: I was robbed!!! [Re: JRW]
eddie Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Quote:

How about about an old idea----

No offense folks, but get real-- if you leave your vehicle out with stuff in it, locked or unlocked, what do you expect to happen????

John Westbrook
RKS #4496

How about an old idea-----

I expect it to be exactly how I left it!!!

#73416 - 02/09/10 11:33 AM Re: I was robbed!!! [Re: eddie]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
David,
Sorry to hear the news...but you weren't "robbed"...You wre "Burglarized". I have been in the burglar and fire alarm business since the mid 60's (Started when I was 15 crawling attics) and can give you lots of ideas on how to remedy this problem from "ever" happening again..."EVER"! It would take a long-winded explanation but it's doable.
In short: get an alarm for your house, each vehicle and add exterior protection to include "passive infra-red/ ultrasonic" motion detectors. The units must have "both" to operate outside or small bugs-n-critters can cause false alarms. Then: 2 electric eyes, hooked in "series/parallel" at a point acroos your driveway the crooks have to (or probably will) pass. They must be over/under one another and be 18 inches and 32 inches from the ground. "Both" beams have to be blocked in order to trip the alarm.
There are a lot of "others" but this will get you started. Also: Forget a trail camera, get a real security camera and hook it up to a monitor (old TV will work) inside your house. They don't fail as does a trail cam. Good luck.
Best, Capt. Chris
PS: Call me for the other 165 ideas to prevent this.
Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#73417 - 02/09/10 06:06 PM Re: I was robbed!!! [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
David Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Idaho
Quote:

David,
Sorry to hear the news...but you weren't "robbed"...You wre "Burglarized". I have been in the burglar and fire alarm business since the mid 60's (Started when I was 15 crawling attics) and can give you lots of ideas on how to remedy this problem from "ever" happening again..."EVER"! It would take a long-winded explanation but it's doable.
In short: get an alarm for your house, each vehicle and add exterior protection to include "passive infra-red/ ultrasonic" motion detectors. The units must have "both" to operate outside or small bugs-n-critters can cause false alarms. Then: 2 electric eyes, hooked in "series/parallel" at a point acroos your driveway the crooks have to (or probably will) pass. They must be over/under one another and be 18 inches and 32 inches from the ground. "Both" beams have to be blocked in order to trip the alarm.
There are a lot of "others" but this will get you started. Also: Forget a trail camera, get a real security camera and hook it up to a monitor (old TV will work) inside your house. They don't fail as does a trail cam. Good luck.
Best, Capt. Chris
PS: Call me for the other 165 ideas to prevent this.
Best, Capt. Chris

Capt.,

Thanks for the advice. We will talk after we get through this next snow storm. Ironically, my wife worked from home today and she noticed a guy sitting in his car at the end of the driveway. He took off when my step-son went out to see what he was doing. Stay tuned!
SHAG No. 003
NRA Life Member
www.explorerconsulting.com

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod