I received this email from Lee Grogan last week and this is a good place to share it since Tony is a devoted supporter and contributor to the NKM.

Dear Knife Friends

This past weekend I met Tony Bose and Bob Craig(official Miss Daisy driver) in Sevierville,Tn for a Case event at Smoky Mountain Knife Co.While there we took a tour of the National Knife Museum and had a great time with Pete Cohan,Curator.The nuts and bolts of this email is Pete needs some help raising money for the Museum.They have an annual operating budget of $25,000.There are only two part time paid employees,Pete as well as others donate their time to run the operation 7 days a week for zero pay!! The bulk of the budget is to develop and maintain the displays.I don't remember the exact number knives on display but it numbers in the thousands. It is first class!!!!!!!!!!As a knife collector,purveyor,or maker we all have one thing in common we love knives.The Museum is an important conduit in keeping interest alive and introducing knives to young people who will be future collectors and makers.Pete is trying to raise $12,000,once he does a donor has agreed to match it so,he is a little short,about $7000,that's where you come in.I have attached a contribution form and info sheet to this email.

Lee Grogan

Pete Cohan,Curator
865-806-3775
nkmuskw@gmail.com

National Knife Museum
Po Box 4430
Sevierville,Tn.37876

Contribution Levels
Level one-$30
Level two-$50
Level three-$100 or more