Clinton Knives Nifeboy.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#59576 - 04/07/09 05:28 PM Welcome Everyone !! *
Captain Chris Stanaback Online
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
Thanks for stopping by to visit. This forum is open for discussions, photos, tall tales, questions and, hopefully, answers from time to time. It is "hunting" that has brought us here. Let's all feel free to share our love, knowledge and enthusiasm for this sport we are addicted to..."HUNTING"!!
I want to tell you that the moderators on this forum are, not only a great bunch of guys, but quite experienced hunters.
A) Mike Walters is located in the northeast.
B) Steven Crawford is located in the west.
C) And me, well I'm a southeast hunter.
We have a good geographic mix. This will lend to a wide variety of game and technics. Please help us to make this place fun to visit as well as informative. It is my hopes that all topics will be kept "above board" and respectful of fellow members here. Thanks to my friends for helping me moderate over here...and thanks to the rest of you for the "visit".
Best, Capt. Chris

Edited by Captain Chris Stanaback (03/03/23 09:20 PM)
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#59577 - 04/07/09 07:48 PM Re: Welcome Everyone !! [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Steven Offline
Randall Enthusiast
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Denver, CO
Great Idea and thank you for letting me be a part of this. I have hunted all over the US. Living in Colorado is like a dream come true. We have some great hunting here. Antelope, Elk, Mountain Goats, deer, birds of all sorts. Also some great fishing but that is an other story. I've also hunted in the midwest, Mainly Indiana and Illinios. In fact not to long after I got out of the Army I lived in Indiana and had no job or money. I had to either catch shoot or pick all the food I ate. I think I gained weight. Lived on Squirrel mostly and a deer or two. Fishing was always good as well. So what do you hunt and where?

#59578 - 04/10/09 12:17 PM Re: Welcome Everyone !! [Re: Steven]
Cabinet_Man Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Nice idea Capt.! And your header banner looks great too. You did a nice job. I look forward to all the hunting info that will be posted, and also possibly posting some hunting pics of my own (maybe-ha!).

Steven,
How in the world did you ever get the squirrels in Indiana??? Those little boogers hide every time we go out to get them. If we're doing something else we see them all the time.
~dale

#59579 - 04/10/09 06:50 PM Re: Welcome Everyone !! [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
vklough46 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Boogie Wonderland
I would like to thank Captain Chris for getting the new forum started. And I would like to thank Rhett for allowing us to do this.

I enjoy all aspects of hunting. And when I say "all aspects of hunting" I mean getting prepared, wearing scent-free clothes (if needed), pre-season scouting, going to the duck blind, goose pit, or deer stand in the dark, placing out the decoys, watching the dogs work for ducks and geese and pheasant. I anticipate the joys that the first morning light will bring as the woods or marsh comes alive once again.

I always process my own game whether it be white tail, duck, goose, squirrel, rabbit, etc. because for me that's all part of the entire experience.

I now hunt with a longbow. I started out with a Bear recurve and went on to a couple of different compound bows. And now I'm back to basics with a longbow. I made a couple of flintlock rifles, and that's what I hunt deer and squirrel with.

I always have a Randall knife with me in the field. And if I'm hunting squirrel, I take a great pocket knife made for me by Tony Bose.

I hope we all have a lot of fun on this forum. And I'm looking forward to you all sharing your hunting experiences with us. And I will share mine too.

Thank you very much, and it's a pleasure to be here.
Kevin

BSC-002

#59580 - 04/10/09 08:57 PM Re: Welcome Everyone !! [Re: Cabinet_Man]
Steven Offline
Randall Enthusiast
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Denver, CO
Dale
Never had any trouble finding them every where. I had persimmon trees on the property and black walnuts. The Deer loved the persimmons. I shot them from my back porch when the trees had fruit. Not much of a hunt. I had a great Beagle that was good for finding squirels. The only problem was he wanted to eat them as soon as I shot them. Had to beat him to the bodies or they would be pre chewed.

#59581 - 04/12/09 05:42 PM Re: Welcome Everyone !! [Re: Steven]
Cabinet_Man Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Quote:

Had to beat him to the bodies or they would be pre chewed.

Attachments
58560-dog_.gif (768 downloads)

#203336 - 03/03/23 11:27 AM Re: Welcome Everyone !! [Re: Cabinet_Man]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Earth
I don't know if this is in the proper thread or not but I am so angry right now!!

Recent news in my area. A "hunter" shot and killed tow German Shepards thinking gthat they were coyotes. He then skinned,beheaded them and posted it on social media.

Fortunately he was arrestedd and I hope that Fish & Game take hois crossbow,truck and he does time then the owner of the two German Shepards would sue the oants off him and take his house and verything else.

He makes hunters look bad.

Any opinions???

Wayne

#203337 - 03/03/23 01:16 PM Re: Welcome Everyone !! [Re: Wayne Dengler]
JerryG Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: WI
I see both sides of this one, and an opportunity for discussion.

Should he have been able to properly identify? Probably, but I think we can agree they are quite similar in appearance. Skinning a collared dog is inexcusable, as is killing it. Were they collared??

Why were the dogs roaming the woods? I know many hunters that won't put up with dogs chasing deer, as many do, on their property. I read that the dogs got out through a hole in the fence, possibly caused by a bear. I don't know about you, but, if my dogs roam my fenced in yard and a bear gets in the fence I'm fixing the fence. IMMEDIATELY!! Next on the list is dealing with the trespasser.

I did skim a headline that said this guy has been in other trouble with the law. Some of it hunting related?

I'm not defending the guy, nor condemning him. Where is the dog owners responsibility in all this??

#203338 - 03/03/23 02:31 PM Re: Welcome Everyone !! [Re: JerryG]
thevalueman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Georgia
WHEN...I used to hunt deer, and the such....we shot ANY dog on our property(IF WAS NOT COLLARED)...that said, I'd be a little slow at shooting a German Sheppard for sure....I tend to identify absolutely ANYTHING I shoot.....BUT I also would not allow my dogs to "roam" either....IF the guy actually skinned them, he certainly has issues...as far as taking his house....nope...other folks probably live there....it seems to me, sometimes we tend to be more enraged when it comes to killing animals than we do humans....funny about that....

:-)Rocky
RKCC#25

#203339 - 03/03/23 02:51 PM Re: Welcome Everyone !! [Re: thevalueman]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Earth
Rocky & Jerry,
I agree about loose dogs roaming and fixing a broken fence but shooting dogs and mistaking them for coyotes????

Coyotes and dogs,especially German Shepards do not look anything alike.

And probably a person like that would not be in his own house and more than likely does not have any real assets to go after in a law suit.

I understand that he may have plead out to avoid any jail time but I hope that there were severe penalties attached to that agreement

Rule #4 of safe gun handling is be certain of your target and what is beyond. There is no way that clown was certain of what his target was. I doubt it if he cared.

If he had been involved in other offences am I am sure that he will be again involved sometime in the (near) future.

The more we are lenient with folks like that,the more it will happen again.

Again,that clown makes all decent hunters look bad.

Wayne

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Peter_Kaufman