Clinton Knives Nifeboy.com
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#121896 - 10/24/14 09:56 AM Re: Knife of the Week Stoddards Special!!! *** [Re: Daniele]
JE6245 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Tallahassee FL
Very nice! Is this now the Sergeant's Model in the RMK non-catalogue catalogue?

“If you don’t know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else.” – Yogi Berra

Me 2020

#121899 - 10/24/14 11:45 AM Re: Knife of the Week Stoddards Special!!! [Re: JE6245]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
Yes it is, with a couple of noteworthy execptions:
* No blade etching
* Top bevel is sharp, as supposed to the Stoddards
* Sgt. is available in stainless
I was speaking with someone this week who told me he did not think the Stoddard was ever made available in stainless?? If someone knows differently, please post up ( & pics would be great)
Also: Being based out of Mass. the Stoddards Special was not available with the top bevel sharpened. (State restrictions)
Hope this helps, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#121902 - 10/24/14 05:19 PM Re: Knife of the Week Stoddards Special!!! [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Cut it out Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I ordered my first sergants special from the captain!!! Really excited!! Love this design!!!

#121906 - 10/24/14 07:04 PM Re: Knife of the Week Stoddards Special!!! [Re: Cut it out]
Steven Offline
Randall Enthusiast
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Denver, CO
Back before they quit carrying Randall's, Stoddard's had the knives in stock, Like a week turn over to Colorado. I like mine but wish the top bevel was sharpened. Might need to look into a Sergeants.

#121909 - 10/24/14 07:24 PM Re: Knife of the Week Stoddards Special!!! [Re: Steven]
BOB_TEATES Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: BRADENTON FL
I don't know how many were made but I had one on order when Stoddards quit selling them and almost didn't get it so I'm sure I got one of the last ones..#238
RKS #5138 RKCC #CM-015

#121913 - 10/24/14 09:41 PM Re: Knife of the Week Stoddards Special!!! [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Chief Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Not available in stainless, I got the last ivory one made & asked if I could have it in stainless & was told that it had never been a option.

always liked that blade design!
RKS #5154

If you put off following The LORD just remember......They don't serve breakfast in hell!

#121920 - 10/25/14 08:18 AM Re: Knife of the Week Stoddards Special!!! [Re: Chief]
LarryWW1246 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Chief, and others--

Stoddard's also told me it was not available in stainless--that RMK had forged a supply of blade blanks only in O1 tool steel.

I was also told I could not order one with ivory--however, later saw one or more on this forum with ivory.

I also supplied them a particular piece of Micarta (black and green) and a handle shape that I wanted--and got back a solid black and Single Finger Groove by somebody's "mistake." I assume the one I actually ordered was attractive to somebody who took it upon himself to switch it out when they shipped the knife to me. They swore that it was my Micarta and the handle shape that I had ordered!

By the way, if you have one with the unsharpened top bevel, RMK might sharpen it for you. Or if it is a user and you don't care whether it looks "factory" then you might try to sharpen it yourself.

Otherwise--best deal is to buy a new Sergeant's from RMK and have it made up the way you want it!

Larry
ABKA #046
RKS #1246

#121922 - 10/25/14 10:33 AM Re: Knife of the Week Stoddards Special!!! [Re: LarryWW1246]
Chief Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Larry your woes are probably a big part of the reason as to why they aren't a dealer anymore.
As for not being able to get a Ivory handled one......all the ivories had to be ordered through David warther. I learned that through Doug aka Silverknife when asking him how he got one when Stoddard's said that they couldn't get me one.
Was a frustrating process getting info about there "special" from them.
RKS #5154

If you put off following The LORD just remember......They don't serve breakfast in hell!

#121929 - 10/26/14 10:33 AM Re: Knife of the Week Stoddards Special!!! [Re: Steven]
Litch Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Rhein/Main
A super nice knife, Daniele - congrats!!

Originally Posted By: Steven
Back before they quit carrying Randall's, Stoddard's had the knives in stock, Like a week turn over to Colorado. I like mine but wish the top bevel was sharpened. Might need to look into a Sergeants.

Hi Steven, I'd love to have a Stoddards Special with the top bevel unsharpened laugh

RKCC CMI-006
RKS #5720

#121943 - 10/27/14 09:18 AM Re: Knife of the Week Stoddards Special!!! [Re: Litch]
Steven Offline
Randall Enthusiast
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Denver, CO
Sorry Peter it is still a keeper. Not all that many of them out there.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod