dominionhobby.com Randall Made Knife
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#40348 - 03/05/09 10:22 AM Re: Knives of the week Model’s #1-#27 ***** [Re: tomthbomb]
Guido_Bitossi Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Florence, Italy
Huge THANKS to Kevin, Jess & TTB for the great job done!
It's very helpful to whom like to be update with this kind of ... madness
Best
Guido

#40349 - 07/19/09 08:49 PM Re: Knives of the week Model’s #1-#27 [Re: Guido_Bitossi]
jeepsandknives Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: MO
Hi All,

I was just thinking a link for RKS club knives would be nice.

Josh

#40350 - 01/13/10 04:06 PM Re: Knives of the week Model’s #1-#27 [Re: JesseEgnew]
Peter_Kaufman Online
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Southeast Utah
Is it possible to add a page for the new Randall #28 Woodsman?

Thanks

Peter
SAF
RKCC CM-023
RKS #5642
SHAG # 005
Ironwood Nut
Life is too short to have ugly knives

#80507 - 09/09/10 11:11 PM Re: Knives of the week Model’s #1-#27 [Re: Peter_Kaufman]
lunde Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: San Jose, CA, USA, Earth
My understanding is that the "Knife Of The Week" idea was initiated on the old forum by Sheldon Wickersham. Regardless of how RKS forum members feel about him, it is appropriate to acknowledge this.

More importantly, with regard to the "Knife Of The Week" threads on this forum, we should think of them as a community effort. I personally find them to be an incredible resource. For example, when I get the "bug" for a particular Randall knife model, one of the first things I do is to explore these threads to see examples of the knife with various options. And, once I obtain one of these knives, I make an effort to contribute to this community effort by posting photos of my specimen, in the hopes that it benefits others on the forum.
RKS #5344
SHAG #1
#4-6-6-SS #2
http://lundestudio.com/RandallOrderingFAQ/

#80510 - 09/10/10 06:36 AM Re: Knives of the week Model’s #1-#27 [Re: lunde]
vklough46 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Boogie Wonderland
Ken,

Your understanding is incorrect. You should confer with your source. It was Ron Mathews not Sheldon Wickersham that had the thread on the other forum. I started The Knife Of The Week thread with Ron and Sheldon's blessing on this forum.

Let your head clear a little more next time and get your facts straight.

I have been told by sellers and collectors that they appreciate my efforts to make this thread preeminent as far as an educational tool for contemporary knife collecting. Just as Jim Parker's "This old Randall" for earlier models.

Kevin

Edited by vklough46 (09/10/10 08:34 AM)

BSC-002

#80511 - 09/10/10 06:56 AM Re: Knives of the week Model’s #1-#27 [Re: vklough46]
silverknife Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Think Snow
Quote:
This program was suggested and started by Kevin Lough. This program will be continually posted by Jess Egnew in the future. Thank you Kevin for the original idea and thank you Jesse for continuing same. Thanks also to Thomas Welch for his input to this project. --- Rhett Stidham

And it is indisputable that we all keep it going with photos and descriptions of the exquisite examples of American made craftsmanship which we admire, collect, use, give as gifts, treasure, and pass along as family heirlooms.

Edited by silverknife (09/10/10 07:02 AM)
RKS#1835
silverknife1@aol.com
NRA Life Member

#80515 - 09/10/10 08:42 AM Re: Knives of the week Model’s #1-#27 [Re: silverknife]
lunde Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: San Jose, CA, USA, Earth
Thank you, Doug.

And, thank you, Kevin, for pointing out that Ron was also involved in this on the other forum, and no doubt others were involved, too. Thank you, too, for carrying this idea over to this forum.

My main point, though, was the second paragraph, and Doug's post reinforces the idea that it was intended to convey, specifically the "community" aspect of these and other forum threads:
Quote:
And it is indisputable that we all keep it going with photos and descriptions of the exquisite examples of American made craftsmanship which we admire, collect, use, give as gifts, treasure, and pass along as family heirlooms.
RKS #5344
SHAG #1
#4-6-6-SS #2
http://lundestudio.com/RandallOrderingFAQ/

#81191 - 09/19/10 03:59 PM Re: Knives of the week Model’s #1-#27 [Re: lunde]
Chief Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Kevin is a Brother & a Friend to me & since i can't respond in the "bad" lounge, were we now know what the limit is there! Another thing to point out is that most if not all the folks mentioned above who started this thread, here or else where, no longer post or are not allowed to post here at RKS anymore! Yep, be gone.

As the beginning of this & several other Good threads read: Knives of the week Model’s #1-#27 by Kevin Lough

maybe we should add the following.....Kevin was banned for life for being human. Guess the old saying of, "it's all in who you know", is true!

Be Careful Lunde........you've been starting a lot of good threads here too! Hate to see ya become a "second paragraph"!

See Ya, Chief
RKS #5154

If you put off following The LORD just remember......They don't serve breakfast in hell!

#83525 - 12/07/10 04:29 PM Re: Knives of the week Model’s #1-#27 [Re: Peter_Kaufman]
Captain Chris Stanaback Online
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
Peter,
Thanks for the phone call. I am not the computer geek around here, but the Model #28 link is showing now. Please take it for a test ride and let me know if it is satisfactory. I will get with Rick T. about the new 2011 "Non-catalog" models...to be continued...
Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#98607 - 02/17/12 03:29 PM Re: Knives of the week Model’s #1-#28 [Re: JesseEgnew]
Tanasie Online
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Tennessee, USA
Today I'm adding my Model #8-4" to the knife of the week thread...it is Stainless Steel with the low 'S' blade stamp...brass hilt..great mellowed stag and a seven piece spacer stack.

Attachments
------IMG_1195.JPG

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod