dominionhobby.com Clinton Knives
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#39429 - 04/01/08 11:20 PM Re: PLEASE HELP IDENTIFY THIS RANDALL KNIFE [Re: tomthbomb]
thevalueman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Georgia
Hay Tom,
Not too sure about late night stuff...My dad was not very handy at that kind of work. While it's possible, I would doubt it...I was kind of figuring the stone might be out of place. He is bad about that(any stone at the time), when he could find one, is his motto. It's possible the blade was damaged, and returned to Randall, however It does not look like it. Another question for the ages, I guess. While ya'll are looking, here's yet another.
Thanks for the help, I'm swiming as fast as I can!:-)Rocky

Attachments
37233-Resized_DSCN13281.jpg (65 downloads)

Edited by thevalueman (04/01/08 11:26 PM)
RKCC#25

#39430 - 04/02/08 08:12 AM Re: PLEASE HELP IDENTIFY THIS RANDALL KNIFE [Re: tunefink]
thevalueman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Mitchell,
Good morning, and thanks for your help so far. I took a couple more shots, and maybe the features are more vivible now, in the morning light. This "scout" thing sounds like the right path to me....I would find it hard to bleive that the knife would have been altered, however I do not know for sure, and my dad is of little help. He says NO, however that was a long ago. Take a look, and let me know what you think. If it would not be too much trouble, could you post a shot of the #2?

Attachments
37241-DSCN1400.JPG (83 downloads)

Edited by thevalueman (04/02/08 08:22 AM)
RKCC#25

#39431 - 04/02/08 08:56 AM Re: PLEASE HELP IDENTIFY THIS RANDALL KNIFE [Re: thevalueman]
tomthbomb Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Deep East Texas
Rocky,
If your dad was the original owner and did not alter it then it must be original.
RKS #4868

#39432 - 04/02/08 10:02 AM Re: PLEASE HELP IDENTIFY THIS RANDALL KNIFE [Re: tomthbomb]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
Rocky,
I normally do not voice opinions, especially without facts to back them up. This knife is bothersome. With the utmost respect to your father, I would be amazed to find out that this knife left the Randall shop in anywhere near this configuration! It has a good deal of "correct-looking" parcels, but equally as many red flags. I will not get into exact "problems" so as not to tip off the "forgers and liars" that frequently "lurk" (sometimes even "post") on this forum.
You asked for opinions and this one is mine. I believe that this knife came with the handle, spacers and sheath it is pictured with. "Other" modifications....I don't think so. Interesting knife though. Best, Captain Chris Stanaback
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#39433 - 04/02/08 10:19 AM Re: PLEASE HELP IDENTIFY THIS RANDALL KNIFE [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
thevalueman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Capt. and Tom,
Thanks for the input. I'm still holding on as origional, however you folks have seen much more than I. I will talk to him(dad) about this, and see if he has a recalection. He is just the type to hold out on me. The other day, he asked me to sell a fake $5 gold coin he had on eBay..he's just your regular old man in his 80's, remembers what ever is convenient!! Some out there, have bought some of his stuff. I've been around these knives all my life, however as a kid, did not pay much attention to them. Now that I am selling, I've become addicted...
What about the "SCOUT".....any thoughts
RKCC#25

#39434 - 04/02/08 10:48 AM Re: PLEASE HELP IDENTIFY THIS RANDALL KNIFE [Re: thevalueman]
BoBlade Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Kalifornia
Good morning, Rocky.

I look at that knife and I say to myself "What other 1/4" forging could that blade have been modified from" and I come up with zilch. There's only one conclusion I can draw from that.

Best,

Ron

#39435 - 04/02/08 11:23 AM Re: PLEASE HELP IDENTIFY THIS RANDALL KNIFE [Re: BoBlade]
thevalueman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Hay Ron,
Thanks for the post. I do not know what to make of it either, however I do not have the expertise. Your conclusions are a fairly simple approach, which typically work the best!! I'll bring it to BLADE, along with that #12. If you be kind enough to give them a look over, I would be greatfull.
:-)R
RKCC#25

#39436 - 04/02/08 11:39 AM Re: PLEASE HELP IDENTIFY THIS RANDALL KNIFE [Re: thevalueman]
BoBlade Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Rocky,

I'm not qualifid to be able to give you an informed opinion, but there will be other people there that will be.

Best

#39437 - 04/02/08 12:12 PM Re: PLEASE HELP IDENTIFY THIS RANDALL KNIFE [Re: BoBlade]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
"I" gave an informed opinion.I guess nobody liked it. Oh well: Shoot the messenger...Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#39438 - 04/02/08 12:52 PM Re: PLEASE HELP IDENTIFY THIS RANDALL KNIFE [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
BoBlade Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Cap,

I may be wrong, but I think one needs to have the knife in hand in order to be able to give an informed opinion.

Best,

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod