Stanback Knives Randall Knife Collectors Club
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#32098 - 08/01/08 10:49 PM Re: Gus Grissom Astro [Re: David]
tglassco Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Gator Country
David,

Truly fascinating and incredible pictures. Many Thanks This is like reading National Geographic.
RKS #5553

#32099 - 08/03/08 12:34 AM Re: Gus Grissom Astro [Re: David]
PhuBai Bill Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: West Melbourne,Fl
David,
It is truely a pleasure to read your posts about the Grisson Astro.I was a young teenager and all our gang jumped into my 55 Chevy and headed to the beach to watch Gus lift off, as we had done two months earilyer to see Alan Shepard.We didn't need much of an excuse to go to the beach. It was a beautiful launch. To have you give us insight about liberty Bell 7 and Gus's Astro after all these years is a big thrill for me.Thanks so very much!
RKS#219
RKCC CM-027
NRA Life Member
US Army Security Agency
Vietnam 66(PhuBai)
Tampa Police
Retired Space Shuttle Tech.

It ain't easy being me !

#32100 - 08/27/08 06:07 PM Re: Gus Grissom Astro [Re: PhuBai Bill]
David Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Idaho
Hi Guys,

The embargo has finally been lifted on posting my article from DIVER magazine about the follow up expedition to Curt Newport's Liberty Bell 7 expedition. For those who are interested, follow this link and click on the first publication, "I've Got a Loverly Bunch of Coconuts..."

http://www.davidconcannon.com/publications.html

WARNING: The article is a modem burner, so take your time.

Sorry to pollute this forum with a link to my "real job" web site, but I haven't yet created a page on the Explorer Consulting web site for this expedition. That's coming.

All the best,
SHAG No. 003
NRA Life Member
www.explorerconsulting.com

#32101 - 08/27/08 07:54 PM Re: Gus Grissom Astro [Re: David]
frankdutill Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: United States
David, I can't begin to tell you how cool this post is, and the amazing history of this knife. It's great to be able to live vicariously through your efforts and the efforts of the other team members. Making history while we read about it, great stuff.
Frank Dutill

#32102 - 08/27/08 07:59 PM Re: Gus Grissom Astro [Re: frankdutill]
7033grip Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Winter Haven, Florida
Holy Cow !!!

Thanks again David.

Dubie Baxter
RKS #5099

#32103 - 08/28/08 09:17 AM Re: Gus Grissom Astro [Re: David]
Rhett Stidham Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Virginia, USA
Thank you and Thank you for this amazing contribution for our members enjoyment.

Regards,

Rhett
Rhett Stidham RKS #002
President/Founder
www.randallknifesociety.com
email:payrks@gate.net

#32104 - 08/28/08 12:48 PM Re: Gus Grissom Astro [Re: Rhett Stidham]
David Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Idaho
Gentlemen,

Thank you. I appreciate your kind words, and it's nice to share.

I enjoy sharing my experiences from this expedition because it was an absolutely perfect project -- well executed by a great team, and done purely for the sake of exploration rather than the pursuit of fame or financial gain. This project often gets overshadowed by trips to another place that I have visited too many times (scroll down the link to see other articles on this one), but the Atlantic Sands expedition was much more fun and interesting. Plus, I have a lot of friends in the astronaut corps, and it's fun to add new information to the history of space exploration. (This is also the area where the Challenger came to rest.)

I have had the privilege of speaking about the expedition around the United States, and I enjoy doing so. Drop me a line if you are interested. In the meantime, thank you for letting me add to this thread on Gus Grissom's Astro in the most tangential way.

All the best,
SHAG No. 003
NRA Life Member
www.explorerconsulting.com

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Mr_Mod