Miles Swelze Clinton Knives
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 38 of 175 < 1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 174 175 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#20382 - 08/21/09 06:44 PM Re: Randall "ordering" questions * [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Keith_Hicks Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Greenbrier, AR
Thanks Capt! I agree with you. I just wasn't feeling good about trying to get around the rules like that. 5 options is indeed 5 options.

I've looked at the options I have and I think the sharpened top bevel is the one that needs to go. You suggested all black spacers in lieu of brass/black spacers, but I would rather keep the brass option.

Thanks again!
RKS Member #4613

#20383 - 09/13/09 12:29 AM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
tarheel Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: North Carolina
I've never switched options before, so I'm totally ignorant about the subject. Let's say I have on order a Model 1-7 SS, NS2, NSBC, Stag, B&A spacers which comes to $535.00. If I want to substitute ivory for the stag, and silver for the hilt, buttcapp, and spacers, how much do I now owe? Do I get credit for the options already paid for? Would it be easier to just go through a dealer with the supplied items and just star from scratch?
Also, is it possible to switch models entirely?

#20384 - 09/13/09 09:40 AM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: tarheel]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
Everything is possible. The "order change" will cost you an additional $35.00. Randall does not supply ivory or fine silver. You would have to purchase those items on your own.
Have you already paid for the knife in full? If so, the money applied towards the nickel silver, metal spacers, butt cap and stag would be credited towards the installation of your silver and ivory. Those labor charges, plus the $35 order change would probably eat up all that you had paid...and then some. The ivory install and order change adds up to $100 alone. I don't know what the shop charges for installing silver, as I don't do that much of it. Hope this helps.
Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#20385 - 10/22/09 09:54 PM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Doug74 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: NE
Other than customer supplied handle material/blade length/name etching, what options (if any) are available for the #10 "Salt Fisherman and Household Utility?"

Thanks in advance,

Doug

#20386 - 10/22/09 10:46 PM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: tarheel]
silverknife Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Think Snow
Dan,

Sorry that I did not notice your question earlier.

The shop charges the same to install pure silver hilts and butt caps as it does to install nickel silver hilts and butt caps (or butt plates). The shop charge to install sterling silver spacers is the same as it would be if you ordered aluminum or brass spacers.

The one significant difference is that while the shop will not install nickel silver lugged hilts at any price, it will install pure silver lugged hilts on any knife where a brass lugged hilt is available. Again, the shop charge for installing a pure silver lugged hilt is the same as the shop charge for installing optional brass lugged hilts.

To make sure that there is no confusion on the subject, while the shop will install pure silver hardware on its knives, it does not supply the pure silver hardware, I have been doing that for about 15 years.

Regards,
Doug
RKS#1835
silverknife1@aol.com
NRA Life Member

#20387 - 10/22/09 10:51 PM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Doug74]
Knife Enthusiast

The Model #10-3" is available with a standard blade or a "drop point" blade. Also: You can order tan, waxed or black sheaths.
Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#20388 - 11/01/09 01:33 PM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
alan_grombacher Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Canada
Hey Captain,

Perry had that beauty #23 that just sold. He had an A style sheath with it. Is that a commonly ordered option?

Cheers,

Alan Grombacher
RKS#5531
RKS#5531

#20389 - 11/01/09 03:36 PM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: alan_grombacher]
Knife Enthusiast

He had an "A" styled sheath for sale with it, which is "standard". Only problem is: The Goof pictured it with a Model #25-5" sheath, which is "not" only not standard, but "unavailable" for the #23. He noted it in the bottom of his post.
Just to be correct for everyone: When ordering a Model #23, "Gamemaster" you can get the following:
1) Standard Model "A" sheath with a hone pocket and a "handle-wrapped" keeper strap.

2) A Model "A" sheath with "NHS" (no hone sheath), which will give you a smooth front sheath and a "diagonal" (over the hilt) keeper strap.

3) No "pouch-type" sheath of any type is available for this Randall knife.

4) Either of the first two sheaths can be ordered with a tan, black or waxed finished.
I hope this helps answer a completely sensible question, asked in response to a completely unsensisble "for sale" ad. Thanks, Perry!!
Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#20390 - 11/01/09 03:59 PM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
alan_grombacher Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Canada
Hey Captain,

Thanks for the answer. Off to the evening shoot now.

Cheers,

Alan Grombacher
RKS#531
RKS#5531

#20391 - 11/04/09 06:51 PM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: alan_grombacher]
BOB_TEATES Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: BRADENTON FL
I have a #1 on order.can I use my "one time order change" to change the order to another model,say a #28? Bob
RKS #5138 RKCC #CM-015

Page 38 of 175 < 1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 174 175 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod