Nifeboy.com Clinton Knives
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 28 of 175 < 1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 174 175 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#20282 - 04/30/09 09:37 PM Re: Randall "ordering" question * [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Condor Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Rocky Mountain High
Chris, old bud, old pal, old friend, I meant what I said - a confirmation for a new order I just placed that day. To be delivered in the fullness of time when I'm old and gray. Oh, wait a minute - I'm ALREADY old and gray.

Yeah, guess I got lucky.
RKS #5789
Member, Red Sox Nation
NRA Instructor
NRA Recruiter
NRA Benefactor Member

#20283 - 04/30/09 09:50 PM Re: Randall "ordering" question [Re: Condor]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
Jeff....Old buddy...old chum....I'm the one getting old and grey! Current price "is" $10.00. I was thinking of wrist thongs....(also compass installed)Both went to $15.00. That's a good old-fashioned brain fart.
Best, Capt. Chris
P.S. Look at the "not so bright" side, Jeff. You didn't get "any" special treatment. Sorry to rain on your parade...CCS
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#20284 - 04/30/09 09:58 PM Re: Randall "ordering" question [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Condor Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Rocky Mountain High
No problemo. You're only a couple years older than me; I'd say we both have a pretty fair claim on being "old and gray."
RKS #5789
Member, Red Sox Nation
NRA Instructor
NRA Recruiter
NRA Benefactor Member

#20285 - 05/03/09 09:48 PM Re: question for Captain Stanaback [Re: Condor]
BrianE Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Not near you.
What configuration would you recommend for a Fireman's Companion that would include silver fittings? I have one due next year and I have not had much luck finding unusual ones on ebay. Near "stock" configuration would be fine but not really what I am trying to get for this one.

Brian E

RKS - 5770

#20286 - 05/03/09 10:39 PM Re: question for Captain Stanaback [Re: BrianE]
Knife Enthusiast

Are you talking about a "Fireman's Special"...or a "Combat Companion"? If you are talking about silver fittings in a full, exposed tang knife there are not very any options at all. You're not seeing many on the "Bay" because nobody has ever wanted it, for one thing, and you are extremely limited in options for another. I'm sure Doug can supply you with some silver...but, short of custom "slotted" material in micarta or G-10 and a handle
shaping" option, you don't have anything else to choose from.
Now..A Combat Companion? Different story...
Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#20287 - 05/03/09 10:44 PM Re: question for Captain Stanaback [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
BrianE Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Fireman's Special. So no on the silver, now on to the build. Even without silver fittings I don't seem to see many FS knives on ebay. Not sure as to how many different ways it can be configured as you probably already noticed.

Brian E

#20288 - 05/03/09 11:03 PM Re: question for Captain Stanaback [Re: BrianE]
Knife Enthusiast

I didn't say "no" to silver fittings. I said Doug could probably hook you up. Perhaps you met "no" you're moving on to something else. As I see it, without doing stupid stuff, like ordering a double hilt, which would look...well....pretty lame, here's the "practical" choices.
Black micarta, green linen (from Randall) or slotted orange G-10 or cherry micarta or green tenite (from "outside" sources).
Handle shapes: Single finger grip, 4 finger grip of border patrol.
Brass or nickel silver single hilt (rounded or squared top)
Tan, black or waxed sheath option.
Name etching or a name plate in the handle
Other than that...I'm too tired to think anymore. Ponder those...Best, Capt. Chris
P.S. Actually: I think green linen, nickel silver, border patrol and a black sheath would look awesome...CCS
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#20289 - 05/04/09 07:37 AM Re: question for Captain Stanaback [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
BrianE Offline
Knife Enthusiast

A Fireman's Special with green linen micarta done as a border patrol handle,a silver single hilt with a squared top and a tan right hand sheath would leave me with how many more options?

Brian E

#20290 - 05/05/09 10:00 AM Re: question for Captain Stanaback [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Keith_Hicks Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Greenbrier, AR
Hey Cap,

I'm putting together a combination in my head and want to see if it is doable. How many options do I have here:

Model 5-5
Black micarta border patrol handle
Wrist thong
Brass hilt, squared top
Brass/black spacers
Brass Butt
Carbon blade with sharpened top edge
Thumb notches

I am ordering this through Sullivan's and getting a custom high ride sheath. Not sure if you needed to know that or not, but just want to give you all the info.

Thanks Cap!
RKS Member #4613

#20291 - 05/05/09 05:19 PM Re: question for Captain Stanaback [Re: BrianE]
Knife Enthusiast

You have 2 "chargeable" options, nickel silver hilt and border patrol. You have one "non-chargeable", squared top. That leaves you with 3 options...but what would you add?
Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

Page 28 of 175 < 1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 174 175 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod