Nifeboy.com dominionhobby.com
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 15 of 175 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 174 175 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#20152 - 05/22/08 12:49 PM Re: 6. Randall "ordering" questions * [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
JimBetts Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Michigan
Capt, Regarding my question on spacers, Guido just posted the answer. GTR model of the week.
My two little toys. The question was about the spacers at the top of the handle. No top no spacers.
Thanks, Jim

#20153 - 05/22/08 06:22 PM Re: 6. Randall "ordering" questions [Re: JimBetts]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
Jim,
Thanks for letting me know who you are. I received a very "unclear" email sometime today. I thought it was an eBay "scam", so I'm afraid I sent you a discouraging word....or two. Please accept my apologies..."BUT"...The email still makes no sense, even after reading your post here/ Sorry. Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#20154 - 05/22/08 07:32 PM Butt Cap Options! [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
tglassco Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Gator Country
Capt. Chris,

Although I cannot find the thread, you recently posted some information regarding Butt Cap Options, Rounded and so on.

My question Is This: Considering an order where a brass butt cap is ordered and counts towards the 5 options, does specifying a specific shape for the butt cap such as rounded count as an additional option.?

Thanks For Your Time
RKS #5553

#20155 - 05/22/08 08:15 PM Re: Butt Cap Options! [Re: tglassco]
Knife Enthusiast

A brass butt cap or a duralumin butt cap can be ordered rounded and it is not considered a "chargeable" option. The butt cap itself is, in many cases, but not the rounding.
That does not mean you can change a butt cap to "domed" or "flanged" or "scalloped" in the same manner. I hope this helps. Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#20156 - 05/22/08 08:31 PM Re: Butt Cap Options! [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
tglassco Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Gator Country
I understand clearly Capt. Chris

I really appreciate your reply. You are a great resource for this forum.

Again, Thanks For Your Time
RKS #5553

#20157 - 05/22/08 08:47 PM Re: Butt Cap Options! [Re: tglassco]
Knife Enthusiast

No problem...I just wish I hadn't cussed out Jim.....Ya'll do not realize just how much "odd" eBay stuff I get! Glad to try and answer these ordering questions though. If it saves phone calls to the Randall shop..I'm doin' my job. Best for now, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#20158 - 05/26/08 06:52 PM Re: Butt Cap Options! [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
JimBetts Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Michigan
Capt, I am sitting here smileing. I have not read your email but I understand. I wasn't very clear. I saw three Randall"s on ebay. Two had Dura al tops rounded. One a stag was with out a top. All three had al and black spacers. The two with tops had spacers at the top also and of course the one without the top had none at the top. I do not order my knives with tops often and the question was how come spacers at the top. Then Guido posted on the GTR model of the week thread and it showed "my two little boys" side by side. My question was answered. Sorry I did not make my self clear.
Thanks, Jim
Ps Happy Memorial Day!

#20159 - 05/26/08 07:47 PM Re: Butt Cap Options! [Re: JimBetts]
Knife Enthusiast

Jim,
Here's the part you did "not" know. I had a customer looking for the Model #21 you referenced in your email. I had bid on it for that customer. Several other times in the past, as I am sure has happened to other folks,I got all this crap emailed to me wanting me to click a link or whatever and screw myself with regard to my personal info. I thought that was the case here as well....HENCE: The vulgar, graphic and vivid reply. It has always worked in the past.
By the way, Jim...They are called "butt caps"..not "tops". Your description made no sense to me...sounded like you were talking about the "wrong end"???? Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#20160 - 06/03/08 11:21 AM Most recent RMK handle block specifications [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
LarryWW1246 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Capt. Chris--

Enjoyed talked with you at the Blade Show.

You asked me to remind you to post the most recent handle block spec's on the forum. It will help many of us who have that "favorite" piece of wood or ivory to send in with orders.
ABKA #046
RKS #1246

#20161 - 06/03/08 12:38 PM Re: Most recent RMK handle block specifications [Re: LarryWW1246]
Knife Enthusiast

Larry...and others,
Good seeing you at "Blade" also. Here's the deal. "REMEMBER"...These are "minimum" requirements, folks. A little larger cannot hurt, "BUT" (there's that word again) the "slotted" handle material specs and the Model #10 specs have to be "exact". All cut down tang models will be alright to send a little "proud". Here goes:

From the smallest to the largest: #25 (3-piece handles)

A) A "center" for a Model #26-4", "Pathfinder". This means a #25 (Trapper) style handle with the leather on each end, requires a piece of handle material that needs to be a "minimum" of: 1" X 1" X 2 3/4".

B) A Model #25-5" or a 6", "Trapper" with the same type of 3 piece handle.."AND"..a Model #27-5 3/4", "Trailblazer" with the 3-piece handle requirements a "minimum" handle measuring: 1 1/8" X 1 1/4" X 3".

C) A Model #12-9" or a Model #12-9", with a #14 grind ordered with the same type of #25 handle, i.e. "3-piece" requires a "minimum" measurement of: 1 1/4" X 1 3/8" X 3 1/2".
This covers "all" 3-piece handles available from the Randall shop. Others to come uo a bit later on. Hope this helps, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

Page 15 of 175 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 174 175 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod