Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#201609 - 12/01/22 06:05 PM Re: Daisy BB guns [Re: tomthbomb]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Earth
Tom,
Wow! I bet those boxes would be worth a lot of money to collectors.

I see that the top box had the address of Michigan which was sometime before the company moved to Arkansas.

I wonder if the Daisy Airgun Museum would be interested in those???

Wayne

#201610 - 12/01/22 06:37 PM Re: Daisy BB guns [Re: Wayne Dengler]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Lake Fork, East Texas
Tom:

Was that up at T.C. Lindley’s store in Jonesville ? If so, that’s a neat place.

Coach

#201611 - 12/01/22 07:04 PM Re: Daisy BB guns [Re: coachblalock]
Windsor Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Texas!
I went to TSC to see if they had their sub-$100 drill press in the store (they didn't).

When I walked in, I saw one of these:

Not Daisy, but I bet it would be a whole lotta fun.

#201612 - 12/01/22 09:00 PM Re: Daisy BB guns [Re: coachblalock]
tomthbomb Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Deep East Texas
Yes, it was the Jonesville General Store. We visit there when we take the back roads home from Shreveport. Twenty-five years or so ago I had a business relationship with the Vaughn family that owns the store. They are celebrating their 175 anniversary.
RKS #4868

#201615 - 12/02/22 09:31 AM Re: Daisy BB guns [Re: tomthbomb]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

This is a great time of the year to take a road trip along the Texas Louisiana line.

From Red River County, to Potter's Point, Caddo Lake, Center, San Augustine, Yellow Dog, Logansport, Toledo Bend, Sam Rayburn, Big Thicket, Newton, Jasper, Deweyville, Port Arthur, all the way to Sabine Pass.

You could spend two weeks and not see half of the interesting places along that route. Plus, the colors of the trees.

And there are a couple of old General Stores like the one at Jonesville. Not much telling what you might find along the way.

#201627 - 12/03/22 12:24 AM Re: Daisy BB guns [Re: coachblalock]
tomthbomb Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Deep East Texas
We take the back roads whenever we can. Traveling from east Texas to Louisiana is one of our favorite trips. You mentioned Logansport, LA. There are two stops we always visit going there on the way to Natchitoches, LA. One is the only international boundry marker in the U.S. It is the marker that defined the boundary between the United States and the Republic of Texas. The other is the grave of Moses Rose who defected from the Alamo.

Btw, downtown Logansport, all three blocks of it are just about dead. It's sad. It used to be a thriving small town on the Sabine River.

Attachments
------us-rt marker.JPG

------IMG_20220613_110143679_2.jpg

RKS #4868

#201628 - 12/03/22 08:47 AM Re: Daisy BB guns [Re: tomthbomb]
Shoot870p Online
Knife Enthusiast

Tom, thanks for the very interesting information.I was not aware ( not surprising) of either of these facts. Texas does a much better job of presenting history in school I believe.
Walker

#201629 - 12/03/22 09:12 AM Re: Daisy BB guns [Re: Shoot870p]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Earth
Windsor,
So............did you purchase that automatic BB gun??? I have a feeling you did and if you did not,I think you may be going back there!!! By the way,Pyramidair has them.

Tom,
I had never heard about Moses Rose,as I thought that everyone there had stayed. Back in '64,I visited the Alamo and put some of my blood at the base of the monument before I went to 'Nam.

When I landed at Wake Island,one officer drew an imaginary line on the ground and said those going to 'Nam cross this line.

Kind of felt like the line in the sand drawn by Col. Travis to me.
Wayne

#201633 - 12/03/22 10:34 AM Re: Daisy BB guns [Re: Wayne Dengler]
Windsor Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Texas!
I did not.. yet.

I have an automatic (mini) Uzi from Pyramid. The selector won't let you go full auto unless you file down the nub that blocks it (innocent whistling).

It's an open-bolt, cycling-bolt bb gun, too! It wastes *so* much CO2 pushing the bolt back but oh good lord it's a lot of fun.

The dogs were not interested in "hanging with dad" after a healthy round of *clatter* *clatter* *clatter* *clatter* *clatter* *clatter* *clatter* *clatter*.

#201635 - 12/03/22 11:09 AM Re: Daisy BB guns [Re: Windsor]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Back on subject, I still have all 3 of my Daisy’s.

My Bride has them in a closet upstairs that I’m “not allowed” to get into.

I put in a request to get them out and if she does, I’ll take a pic and post it.

Tom:
I’ve been to the International marker several times and you are right about Logansport. It used to have a neat General Store in the downtown.

When I was in college at SFA, I used to fish from Yellow Dog down to Logansport. If you look on a map, you will see that there are several huge natural lakes off the Sabine along that stretch of the river. We caught lots of fish there.

I also got lost several times, ran out of gas, had boat trouble, etc. but I was “bulletproof” in those days and didn’t worry too much. Even at night, I would just tie up to something, fish all night, and wait til daylight.

Coach

Attachments
------846EB02F-3191-4F79-8B6C-4B7634BBF59B.png

Edited by coachblalock (12/03/22 11:31 AM)

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Peter_Kaufman