Randall Made Knife Miles Swelze
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 12 of 175 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 174 175 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#20122 - 12/28/07 02:51 AM Re: Randall "ordering" questions * [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Kelly_Higgins Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Texas
Quote:

5" Gamblers are still available. Stag is available on either size.
Best, Capt. Chris

Due to a developing fetish for Gamblers, I must ask what options are available for them. Any hilt options? Caps? Could I get a hole?

I'd like a 4" Gambler in Stag with NS hilt and coolie cap and thong hole. Possible?

Thanks, Capt.

#20123 - 12/31/07 11:53 AM Re: 6. Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
burtont Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Is green canvas micarta a shop option or do I need to supply this type of micarta? I was looking in the catalog today and noticed that green micarta was an option, but nothing was mentioned about the canvas micarta. Any advice would be much appreciated.

#20124 - 01/07/08 05:58 PM Re: 6. Randall "ordering" questions [Re: burtont]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
Green "Canvas" micarta is available through the Randall shop.....and so is Green "Linen"....sorta??? Let me explain:
The "standard", i.e. "cut-down tang" handles knives are available in green canvas. The "slotted" models, i.e. "#14, #15, #16, #16 "spl. fighter" and the "Fireman" can all be had with the green linen. Handle options and sizes still apply. "SO"...If ya' want a Model #16-7", with sawteeth, nickel silver double hilt and a "single finger" grip handle, in green "linen" micarta...."NO PROBLEM"...Hope this helps..Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#20125 - 01/09/08 03:44 PM Re: 6. Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
armedcitizen Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Wow, tons of good info here. A question I didn't see answered way back in Alphacodes reply: what do these stand for:

DB(thin and round)
MAB

Thanks.

#20126 - 01/09/08 10:20 PM Re: 6. Randall "ordering" questions [Re: armedcitizen]
Dirty_Water Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: central fl.
D uraluminum B utt(thin butt w/ rounded edges),

M odel A B lack sheath

---DW---

Scott
RKS #014

HE IS RISEN!, HE IS RISEN INDEED!

#20127 - 01/12/08 09:00 AM Customer supplied handle material--when to send [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
armedcitizen Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Should I send my handle material with the order or will the shop contact me when production begins?

#20128 - 01/12/08 09:54 PM Re: Customer supplied handle material--when to send [Re: armedcitizen]
Knife Enthusiast

Send the handle material, per Randall's instructions. Currently the shop does "not" want it right away. This date changes every now and then, but a rule of thumb would be about 4 to 5 months before the "scheduled" shipping date. Ask when placing your order. Valerie will set ya' straight...(she does me all of the time)...Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#20129 - 01/16/08 05:27 AM Lost In Space As To Spacers Arrangements [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
rikrak Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: St.Louis, MO
There are NO dumb questions, we shall see. Small time Randall guy, and I like the look of a black micarte handle with black/silver spacers. However, Randall uses a 5 up front 3 in back pattern for spacers that puts black to black next to the handle. I'm not any too bright, so I'm looking at one of my knives and think, if the pattern was 4/4 instead of 5/3 the knife would still have the same number of "spacers" but the arrangement would place a silver (or brass) spacer against the black micarta handle and not black to black. Sure I could choose to do red/silver and avoid this issue. I once asked a dealer if this 4/4 was an option and was told no. Now I understand that perhaps it's just a Randall policy now, although a 5/3 pattern of spacers has not been since day one. Clearly Randall has a right to limit choices but is there any real reason why a 4/4 pattern could not be done? I like Randall knives, although not a big time guy in the Randall world my seventh Randall Knife is due to be delivered this week so I do support the Randall Company with my dollars and one thing that draws me to a Randall knife is that it is a custom "hand made" knife. Should I want, I can choose a "fighter" and set it up to my preferance to make me happy and then Randall builds "my" knife. I just wonder why a 4/4 pattern is just not done (even if I ask real nice)?
Rick G.--- RKS #883 Eschew Sesquipedalian Obfuscation

#20130 - 01/16/08 06:15 AM Re: Lost In Space As To Spacers Arrangements [Re: rikrak]
7033grip Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Winter Haven, Florida
Rikrak, why don't you go all the way? See if Silverknife would do you a two silver, 2 black spacer combo, with a silver buttcap, and a silver hilt.

Be the first kid on the block with one. I'd love to see it.

"Silver me timbers"...It would be beautiful with black Micarta or Ebony.

I think I may change my order now.

Dubie Baxter
RKS #5099

#20131 - 01/16/08 10:38 AM Re: Lost In Space As To Spacers Arrangements [Re: rikrak]
Knife Enthusiast

5 spacers at the hilt...3 at the butt cap. NO exceptions...even if ya' ask real nice. Dubie: Don't encourage Doug's silver, unless the "same pattern" is understood. A "collar" changes things, but fiber spacers are still at "both" ends. Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

Page 12 of 175 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 174 175 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod