Clinton Knives Randall Made Knife
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 11 of 175 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 174 175 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#20112 - 12/08/07 09:01 AM Re: 6. Randall "ordering" questions * [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
burtont Offline
Knife Enthusiast

How would I go about getting a Sullivan's sheath made for a custom made knife? I purchased a custom made knife a while back, but the sheath that came with it is not the same quality put out by Sullivan's. I just wondered the process that I would need to follow in order to get a higher quality sheath made for the knife. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

#20113 - 12/08/07 10:21 AM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
dougl Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Elgin,Il.
Thanks, Capt. It's not the answer I hoped for but rounding the buttcap without spending an option helps.

#20114 - 12/08/07 11:00 AM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
dougl Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I have a sheath question that may seem odd, but I'll ask anyway. Can I order an extra left-handed sheath in addition to the right-handed sheath that comes standard with a knife order? How much would an extra black, left handed sheath cost? I'm guessing it's $30 plus the cost of the sheath but I don't know what a sheath costs.

#20115 - 12/08/07 11:28 AM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: dougl]
Cabinet_Man Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Hi Guys, two questions regarding sheaths above. I have ordered several from Sullivan's, and from what I have experienced, this may help you...

- The wait for a cutom sheath is 18 months (give or take). However, if you can use one for your custom knife that they already have a pattern for, for example, it will fit nicely in a model 5-5" sheath, etc., then you can have that sheath made with a wait of only approx 3 months. Call and get your name added to the list, then they'll call you when it's time to send your knife to be fitted.

- A black sheath has always been $15 more than the standard tan or brown that I have ordered. Some tan ones are $35, some are $40, I don't know if the pattern or size makes them different prices but guessed that what it is... I've never asked a$s 5 or $10 either way didn't matter to me, I still wanted the sheath regardless. I do not know what a left hand option would add as I've personally never ordered one.

If you'd like to call and have your name added to the list, their # is... 813-236-8791
~dale

#20116 - 12/08/07 12:00 PM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Cabinet_Man]
dougl Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Thanks Dale, that partially answers my question. I guess my question should be can I order a knife (or revise an order) with 2 sheaths so that everything comes together and I don't have to send the knife out later to have the extra sheath fitted.

#20117 - 12/08/07 02:10 PM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: dougl]
Cabinet_Man Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Not sure on that Doug. I'd just call or email the shop and see if they will sell an extra sheath with it, then you'll know for sure (and know the exact cost as well). I would think a black sheath would be $45 + any extra charge for a left hander.
~dale

#20118 - 12/09/07 03:35 AM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Cabinet_Man]
Kelly_Higgins Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Texas
I know that you assume the risks when you provide the shop with handle material, but is there any other way to get ivory on a Randall?

Also, can I order a Gambler with stag? And is the 5" Gambler still available?

Thanks.

#20119 - 12/09/07 09:10 AM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Kelly_Higgins]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
5" Gamblers are still available. Stag is available on either size.

Left-handed sheaths are an additional $7.00 over right handed (at least in my memory...they may have gone up to $10). ONE knife sheath..per order...no "multiples". Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#20120 - 12/13/07 10:17 AM Re: 6. Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
dougl Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Are there any buttcap options for an APFK with a leather handle? If nickel silver is available, would the nut be nickel silver also? Thanks!

#20121 - 12/13/07 11:51 AM Re: 6. Randall "ordering" questions [Re: dougl]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
All butt caps are available on a Model #1. Nickel silver, brass, duralumin, etc. "Crow's Beak"...Rounded as well as "thin & rounded". Flanged, scalloped....NEED I GO ON? The exposed nuts are not nickel silver. Either brass or stainless (correct me if I'm wrong, DW). Hope this helps...Best, Capt. Chris
P.S. Ya' know,of course, if you order a "Crow's Beak", except with a stag handle, that you are going to get a #22-styled handle....even in leather!! Not that that's a bad thing!!!CCS
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

Page 11 of 175 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 174 175 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod