James Behring Knives dominionhobby.com
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 9 of 175 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 174 175 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#20092 - 09/16/07 10:44 PM Re: 6. Randall "ordering" questions * [Re: rocksoldier1]
Chief Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Tom,

Not yet but I bought a custom sheath by G.G. for one just haven't got the blade yet. Figures huh!

Adam,

I'm not the person to talk to about trigger happy! I can talk myself into anything I found that one of the best things that I did early on was write up each model that I liked & see which ones the 5 options gave me the most trouble on! The model 1 won hands down, it went 6-8 options on almost every one I wanted. So if one that I really like optioned out comes available Hair Trigger!!

See Ya, Chief
RKS #5154

If you put off following The LORD just remember......They don't serve breakfast in hell!

#20093 - 09/16/07 11:33 PM Re: 6. Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Chief]
Cabinet_Man Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Quote:

But you are gonna pay for getting your order through in 6 months.

Just reading through your guys' posts. Look at it this way, "It's only money".
~dale

#20094 - 09/17/07 12:07 AM Re: 6. Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Cabinet_Man]
tomthbomb Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Deep East Texas
I know were Steve orders a lot of his Randalls. I just didn't know he had "open slots" like dealers do. That is quite impressive!
RKS #4868

#20095 - 09/30/07 04:11 AM Re: 6. Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
rocksoldier1 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: East Texas
Quote:

These are the only spacer combinations available. Now..Collars? A different story. Hope this answers your questions. Best, Capt. Chris

Whats the story on collars? Can you send em silver for a collar?
RKS #5573

#20096 - 09/30/07 08:56 PM Re: 6. Randall "ordering" questions [Re: rocksoldier1]
Chief Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Yes ya can.

See Ya, Chief
RKS #5154

If you put off following The LORD just remember......They don't serve breakfast in hell!

#20097 - 10/04/07 08:31 AM Re: 6. Randall "ordering" questions [Re: tomthbomb]
Topos Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Tom, for me, in the final analysis, my recent purchases of Special Randalls from Steve have been the most satisfying: each is perfect - no eBay guess work; super to communicate with; and seems to hand select each piece. I am willing to pay a premium for that assuredness. Sure makes filling 'empty Randall drawers' effortless. As my wonderful dad used to say "I am too poor to buy cheap things" -meaning that a 'bargain' might cost you more.

Best wishes. RKS 5384

Edited by Topos (10/04/07 08:33 AM)

#20098 - 10/10/07 01:05 PM Re: 6. Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Chief]
dougl Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Elgin,Il.
Quote:

Anything with more than 5 options is a 5 year wait as ya can only get it buy ordering from the shop!

I'm confused, does the 5 option limit (and the nickel silver butt cap restriction) only apply to dealer orders or individual orders placed through the shop as well? I have an order due to be filled next July and wouldn't mind adding a couple things. Also, what is the procedure for amending an order, it's my understanding it should be done 6 months in advance, but how? E-mail, letter, phone, telegraph, pony express? Thanks!

Edited by dougl (10/10/07 01:06 PM)

#20099 - 10/10/07 01:24 PM Re: 6. Randall "ordering" questions [Re: dougl]
Cabinet_Man Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Hi Doug,
It is my understanding that ALL changes have to be done in writing through the mail. I am not sure the time frame is 6 months prior to completeion, but am thinking may be weeks instead of months. I would just call down to the shop and ask, then you will be absolutely sure.

As far as the options being limited to 5... that was for orders going through dealers in an effort to help the shop get caught up (or not fall further behind), not for an order placed directly through the shop (unless it's changed recently).
~dale

#20100 - 10/14/07 07:06 PM Re: 6. Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Cabinet_Man]
dougl Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Elgin,Il.
Thanks Dale. I looked at my order acknowledgement, it indicates to make change order requests in writing 3 months prior to scheduled ship date, thought I read 6 months here somewhere but must be mistaken. This will be my first Randall but not my last, I'll be needing one of your beautiful cases to display them in!

#20101 - 10/15/07 06:44 PM Re: 6. Randall "ordering" questions [Re: dougl]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
Doug,
3 months prior to the shipping date is 5 1/2 months, as the shop is about 10 weeks behind on schedule. That means that if you have a knife due out in Nov. add 10 weeks, therefore the 2nd week of January the knife will be out..."BUT" any changes had to be submitted before August..Do the math and, just to be on the safe side, get it in early. Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

Page 9 of 175 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 174 175 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod