Clinton Knives
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#199173 - 05/23/22 07:39 PM It Finally Happened.
Ronnie Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: NW Mississippi
Saturday night while at an annual event in my home town I was parked on a side street sitting in my Jeep listening to the music. It was a beautiful night with great music and a tremendous atmosphere. As I sat in my Jeep I noticed a group of young black men begin to walk down the street towards where I was parked. I had no thoughts that they were the least bit interested in my but for some reason I picked my gun up and held it in my hand and watched as they walked past me. Then they began to run. At that point I noticed a larger group of young black me beginning to run after the first group. I assumed they were all friend and were just trying to catch up to them. As the second group got even with my Jeep and just a few feet away I heard popping sounds. At first as I have heard many times, I thought it was firecrackers. I looked to my right and I saw a black kid no further than maybe 20’ away from me shooting at the first group of kids. Others then began to shoot. I leaned over on my console but kept watching. I thought briefly about shooting the kid I saw shooting that was so close to me. Then he either ran out of ammo or his gun jammed. He and the rest of his bunch then took off running. At that moment cops started showing up in massive numbers. They thought I was involved and were asking if I had been hit. I told them no and pointed in the direction the bad guys ran. One kid was shot and was airlifted to the Med in Memphis. One of the shooters was caught. Strangely while all of this was happening I was as cool as a cucumber. But after the shooting stopped and the cops got there I began to shake and got mad as a hornet. I think I was in a bit of shock. I couldn’t believe this was happening in my hometown......not Chicago. The fact that these thugs couldn’t give a rat’s hairy heinie about the welfare of others boggles my mind. At any rate after things settled down I said a prayer and thanked God for protecting me from the flying bullets. Crazy times we live in.
RKS#2166

#199175 - 05/23/22 09:47 PM Re: It Finally Happened. [Re: Ronnie]
Shoot870p Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Yes sir, these are crazy times. No values at all. Glad all went well with you!
Walker

#199177 - 05/23/22 11:13 PM Re: It Finally Happened. [Re: Shoot870p]
Ronnie Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Thank you Walker. It was very close.
RKS#2166

#199179 - 05/24/22 07:32 AM Re: It Finally Happened. [Re: Ronnie]
thevalueman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Georgia
I'm surprised, with your gun....the police didn't blame you...or at the very least take you in....see, we are the problem...not those thugs...

:-)Rocky

Edited by thevalueman (05/24/22 07:32 AM)
RKCC#25

#199181 - 05/24/22 08:42 AM Re: It Finally Happened. [Re: Ronnie]
GCTom41 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: NY
God took care of you! As my Mom used to say 'The World's Gone Mad'

Tom Flynn
RKS#5918
RKCC-CM-178
SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

#199184 - 05/24/22 11:04 AM Re: It Finally Happened. [Re: Ronnie]
Duke Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Southwest Virginia
Dang Ronnie! What a shocking experience to have had happen all around you….& thank God that you aren’t an injured innocent bystander AND that you didn’t respond with your own firearm and then possibly have gotten caught up in whatever anti gun crap that then might have occurred. Another incident of “almost had bad luck.”
Duke;RKS#5567
RKCC-CM-087
Southwest VA

#199186 - 05/24/22 03:48 PM Re: It Finally Happened. [Re: Duke]
Billy Poyner Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Mississippi
Ronnie
Glad you alright.
Be happy that you don't live close to Memphis like I do.
There's 5 or 6 killings a night there.I have to go up there 2
times a year to see my doctor and I always carry additional
protection besides my pocket rocket.

Proud to have served my country 67-69

#199188 - 05/24/22 06:22 PM Re: It Finally Happened. [Re: Billy Poyner]
Ronnie Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Billy we are close to Memphrika and those thugs come to Batesville and hit the easy spots close to the interstate. Just never believed I would be in the middle of a shoot out.
RKS#2166

#199189 - 05/24/22 06:25 PM Re: It Finally Happened. [Re: thevalueman]
Ronnie Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: thevalueman
I'm surprised, with your gun....the police didn't blame you...or at the very least take you in....see, we are the problem...not those thugs...

:-)Rocky

Rocky the cops got to my Jeep in seconds and I still had my gun in my hand. Not a one of them gave a flip about my gun.
RKS#2166

#199190 - 05/24/22 06:38 PM Re: It Finally Happened. [Re: Ronnie]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Earth
Ronnie,
Glad you kept your cool and also that you did not get injured.

Wayne

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod