Clinton Knives Randall Made Knife
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#194583 - 06/22/21 01:22 AM Re: a little rafting [Re: TonyLaPetri]
Duke Online
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Southwest Virginia
Great seeing your smiling face Tony! I’ve worn a fixed blade somewhere easily accessible for many, many years whenever on/in the rivers, lakes and oceans and alway will because “stuff” just seems to happen. Like in a W. VA. New River Gorge white water canoe trip, flipped by my buddy in the front whom I didn’t know truly confused his right/left, even when not stressed. Really stinks when in the first decent rapid when I was controlling from the back with split second yells of “Right; Left, Left, Left”!!!! Boulder. Flipped.
Underwater nylon anchor rope (someone else’s) grabs & wraps one of my ankles. Sharp blade, rope cut and popped up to the surface.
BUT…..great photos, as always, Peter. Thanks.
Duke;RKS#5567
RKCC-CM-087
Southwest VA

#194681 - 07/01/21 12:15 PM Re: a little rafting [Re: Duke]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
What about a Cattleman/Yachtsman? You just have a very small & very slow Yacht!
Great adventure you had,
Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#194690 - 07/02/21 12:22 PM Re: a little rafting [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Duke Online
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Southwest Virginia
But then you’ll have to change the thread to “a little yachting”, Cap. Actually I’ll normally (about 8 outa’ 10) have my #8 Old Style hanging on me somewhere handy when I’m in/on/around fresh water. As Pappy has said it’s great for cutting the heads off of trout, smallmouth, snapping turtles (great stews), etc. AND, in stressful situations it’s kinda’ like YOUR Special, fantastic when potentially needing to cut both coming and going.
Which reminds me, I’m really NEEDING one of your Stanaback Specials if you can come up with one you can spare…….
Duke;RKS#5567
RKCC-CM-087
Southwest VA

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  TonyLaPetri