Clinton Knives Randall Made Knife
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#189582 - 08/16/20 10:00 PM Re: K'roo Knives - Willem O'Kelly [Re: BladesNBarrels]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Lake Fork, East Texas
108F today with 100% humidity before the storm !

I “melt” in that stuff these days.

#189583 - 08/17/20 05:44 AM Re: K'roo Knives - Willem O'Kelly [Re: coachblalock]
Shoot870p Online
Knife Enthusiast

My fat starts leaking too.
Walker

#189586 - 08/17/20 09:21 AM Re: K'roo Knives - Willem O'Kelly [Re: Shoot870p]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

The 3 stages of sweat during August in East Texas:

1. Water (regular sweat)
2. Ammonia
3. Grease

It is 8:20 a.m. and I had to come in to change shirts.

On average, I’ll change 4 times before NOON.

#191530 - 01/11/21 03:56 PM Re: K'roo Knives - Willem O'Kelly [Re: coachblalock]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I ordered and just received another Fishin' Frank for my cousin who had fell in love with mine. Willem must have read Peter's post about the teeth being uncomfortable to carry so he fixed that with a little leather pouch that fits it perfectly.

He also sent me a Wharnecliff slipjoint that will now be my EDC.

To say that I am absolutely delighted is a gross understatement!!!

Attachments
------FF#1.gif

------WC#2.gif

------FF in Pouch.gif

------WC#4.gif

------WC#6.gif

------WC#5.gif

------WC#3.gif

Edited by coachblalock (01/11/21 03:57 PM)

#191532 - 01/11/21 05:56 PM Re: K'roo Knives - Willem O'Kelly [Re: coachblalock]
Michael_Mason Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Orlando, FL.
I like his work Coach, have bought several of his knives going off on your reccomedations. Solid knives, solid maker smile

#191540 - 01/12/21 10:12 AM Re: K'roo Knives - Willem O'Kelly [Re: Michael_Mason]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Michael is right, and you are missing out if you don’t follow him on Instagram.

willemokelly usually posts 3-4 very nice knives every week.

#193787 - 04/19/21 11:12 AM Re: K'roo Knives - Willem O'Kelly [Re: coachblalock]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

One of my Blalock cousins is graduating from Texas Tech in May. He has made it through Tech in 3 years through Scholarships, Grants, and working his butt off!!!

He was our 2018 Valedictorian.

He has helped me immensely out here on the Place while both in High School and during holidays in College.

On Big jobs, like constructing my Vineyard, he would recruit his buddies to help AND go pick them up and bring them out here to work.

He will go on to Bigger things but I got him something to take with him. The 1/5" thick blade should last him a lifetime!

Willem O'Kelly worked with me on this one. 4' Frank, N690 Blade, Black Micarta Scales, Brass Liners, and in keeping with Texas Tech colors, a thin, RED slice between the Brass and the Black.

I'm sorry for the terrible pictures but this one is a BEAUTY!!!

Attachments
------Lane's Knife Closed.gif

------Lane's Knife Open.gif

------Lane's Kife showing Red.gif

------Lane's Knife in Sheath.gif

#193791 - 04/19/21 01:54 PM Re: K'roo Knives - Willem O'Kelly [Re: coachblalock]
Shoot870p Online
Knife Enthusiast

Every nice gift for sure. And a sharp looking one to boot.
Thanks for turning us on to this maker!
Walker

#193800 - 04/19/21 06:32 PM Re: K'roo Knives - Willem O'Kelly [Re: Shoot870p]
CrazyCajun Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
Great accomplishment!! Great recognition gift!Thought out and executed very well! Admirable on both participants!!!!
RKCC CM #051
NRA Member
FlA Knife Makers Assoc.

#193818 - 04/20/21 10:00 AM Re: K'roo Knives - Willem O'Kelly [Re: CrazyCajun]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

One time, he brought a real pretty girl out here to work. I wondered if we would get anything done.

But he handed her a pair of gloves, and they went to work. She worked hard, never complained, and got as dirty as us.

They are getting married in June. She has been accepted to Vet school. He is going to put her through it.

I had told him to use me as a reference. One Outfit in Borger, Texas called me about him. They had evidently talked to others before me. I told them all about him. I invited them out here to see some things that he had done as a High School student. I told them that if they could snag him for under six figures, they would be damned lucky.

Edited by coachblalock (04/21/21 06:49 PM)

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  John_Hanlon, John_Nugent, kdhampton