Randall Made Knife Clinton Knives
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#192559 - 02/22/21 11:45 AM Re: Vaccine [Re: coachblalock]
crutchtip Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: coachblalock
Got my 2nd shot today. Hope it does the trick.

I’ve known 8 friends to die from the virus and several others to spend long stretches in ICU.

A couple of ‘em died thinking it wasn’t real. One was a dentist that I went to high school with. He spent 6 weeks on a ventilator and died alone.

Curious as to what was their comorbidity? Studies show that very few actually succumb to the virus alone. I know of a few people that unfortunately passed, but the virus simply exacerbated an existing issue, like COPD, cigarette smoker, etc.

You have a 99.7% chance your own immune system takes care of it.

BUY-SELL-TRADE

#192561 - 02/22/21 12:26 PM Re: Vaccine [Re: crutchtip]
Duke Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Southwest Virginia
Just curious, too. What’s your point?
Duke;RKS#5567
RKCC-CM-087
Southwest VA

#192562 - 02/22/21 12:38 PM Re: Vaccine [Re: crutchtip]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Lake Fork, East Texas
The only pre-existing condition that any of the above 8 and now 9 was that they were about the same age as me give or take a few years.

And of the 20+ other folks that I know that had it, without exception, told me: “You don’t want this $#!+”.

A few of them have had to be in rehab for weeks and/or months.

We got ours because nobody around here would take it. Somebody had posted on Facebook that the vaccine was a government plot to implant people with a tracking device.

When the girl at the pharmacy gave me my second shot, I told her that since now the government will surely be tracking me, please let me know if they catch me doing any thing that was fun.

Since I had her in Pre-Cal class a few years ago, she knows me. I always kept a big sign in my classroom that said: “Math is Fun” I also told my classes that there were only 2 types of Math problems, easy ones and FUN ones.

She must have remembered that because she replied: “Mr. Blalock, I will but your idea of fun is a very relative one.”

#192569 - 02/22/21 08:33 PM Re: Vaccine [Re: coachblalock]
LarryWW1246 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Coach—
Will be interested to hear about any effects from the second dose. Mine hit me sort of hard, but apparently not as hard as some others.

Somebody said the more severe the reaction to the second dose, the better your body has responded to making you immune following the first dose. I don’t know, but apart from being tracked I hope we all benefit.

The problem with people not getting the vaccine is they, of course, are going to be more susceptible to the virus, and will collectively provide a reservoir for the virus including passing it to various other species and potentially dying from it themselves as well as infecting for example young children.

By the way, I jokingly told somebody that once the vaccine takes effect, people who have been treated will glow under certain color light, like UV for example. They looked at me and said, “Really?”

Thinking about it, that would speed screening at airports, etc. But let’s not give the experts any ideas!

Larry

Edited by LarryWW1246 (02/22/21 08:34 PM)
ABKA #046
RKS #1246

#192571 - 02/22/21 08:49 PM Re: Vaccine [Re: LarryWW1246]
tomthbomb Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Deep East Texas
No need to worry about shots at our house for a while. We are five days past our quarantine. Was it fun? Hell no especially with five days of freezing weather but at our age, I've had worse colds.

I will still wear a mask to make everybody feel better.
RKS #4868

#192578 - 02/23/21 08:13 AM Re: Vaccine [Re: tomthbomb]
thevalueman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Georgia
There are a few things I'd like to say, however this virus has been placed on a pedestal, and any free thought remarks will get you put in a "category". People have gotten stirred up about this, and have formed opinions, much like politics.
There is going to be much said about this bug(if allowed) later, down the road.....BUT what we should be happy about is that we whipped the flew in just 1 year!!
:-)Rocky

Edited by thevalueman (02/23/21 08:14 AM)
RKCC#25

#192588 - 02/23/21 07:55 PM Re: Vaccine [Re: thevalueman]
Chief Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Yeah this virus has taken the flu's place for the go to diagnosis by doctors.
RKS #5154

If you put off following The LORD just remember......They don't serve breakfast in hell!

#192590 - 02/23/21 10:41 PM Re: Vaccine [Re: crutchtip]
aaron Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Arizona
Originally Posted By: crutchtip
Originally Posted By: coachblalock
Got my 2nd shot today. Hope it does the trick.

I’ve known 8 friends to die from the virus and several others to spend long stretches in ICU.

A couple of ‘em died thinking it wasn’t real. One was a dentist that I went to high school with. He spent 6 weeks on a ventilator and died alone.

Curious as to what was their comorbidity? Studies show that very few actually succumb to the virus alone. I know of a few people that unfortunately passed, but the virus simply exacerbated an existing issue, like COPD, cigarette smoker, etc.

You have a 99.7% chance your own immune system takes care of it.

You make a good point.I would just add nobody ever died from cancer.It is always organ failure.Disease is hoax?

#192591 - 02/23/21 10:53 PM Re: Vaccine [Re: Duke]
aaron Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Arizona
Originally Posted By: Duke
Just curious, too. What’s your point?

I feel Coach's post was well articulated.What part did you not comprehend?Are you lookin fir a Q drop?

#192606 - 02/24/21 02:47 PM Re: Vaccine [Re: aaron]
Jim_Schroeder Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Texas
Quote from one year ago today:
"The Corona Virus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries."
RKS #5227
RKCC #CM-189

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod