James Behring Knives Randall Knife Collectors Club
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#191655 - 01/18/21 06:03 PM Re: Current state of the forum. How to contribute. [Re: RTurbeville]
TAH Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: USA
Money sent through Paypal F&F. Thanks Rick!
RKS #4233

#191657 - 01/18/21 06:06 PM Re: Current state of the forum. How to contribute. [Re: nate-dogg]
thevalueman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Georgia
cry for help is good....just PLEASE "cry for help"
my $100 is sent!!
Thanks!!
:-)Rocky

Attachments
20210118_180304.jpg (77 downloads)

RKCC#25

#191662 - 01/18/21 07:05 PM Re: Current state of the forum. How to contribute. [Re: thevalueman]
Buck Buchanan Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Fayetteville NC
Rick,

Sending you a check for $100.00

Emailing you for address to send check.

Thanks for all you do.

Buck
Buck Buchanan, RKCC #CM-16, RKS #1003
NRA LIFE
NMLRA LIFE
Authorized Randall Dealer
buck100_10x@icloud.com

#191663 - 01/18/21 07:51 PM Re: Current state of the forum. How to contribute. [Re: Windsor]
crutchtip Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Windsor
Originally Posted By: crutchtip
Not to get on the soapbox but I must. Rick mentioned ebay fees, well PayPal has fees also. More importantly, the are one of the most ardent anti-Second Amendment companies around (owned by ebay), plus they have banned several knife makers and have squashed knife deals. "Weapons of War" BS

Send rick a check.

Picking a nit here, "formerly owned by eBay." There was a divorce in 2015.

It was a weird one, too. Employees were divvied up without any input from the "grunts in the field." I know a couple of guys that were part of eBayPayPal, neither of them cared much for PayPal side. One of them got sucked into PayPal during the split and promptly turned in his 2-week notice.

Back to the OP, I threw money at Rick via .. PayPal (apologies to crutchtip).

Irrelevant who owns them, they are a commie company and IMO, it makes people lazy. I would not give them a penny of my money for "convenience" or some "security" bull shit they feed you. When they are banning knife transactions and knife makers, I find it hard to believe knife guys, Randall guys, would continue to use them and make them money.

Knowing that, it stuns me grown men can't write a check.

An example of my commitment to be a man of principal, I had probably 250+ shirts ordered when I posted on fb page, and most wanted to pp me funds. I directed them here, to join, and contact me pm. Orders dropped by 75%. You know why? They were too f*^cking lazy join KTF much less to send a check. I was ok with it, made my job easier and for guys that appreciate it.

BUY-SELL-TRADE

#191664 - 01/18/21 08:20 PM Re: Current state of the forum. How to contribute. [Re: crutchtip]
tunefink Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Bambalam
I am not lazy.

I am not a "commie".

I am a grown man.

I can write a check, when I choose.

Name calling is a sure sign of a weak position.

PayPal comes with its baggage, but most things in life do.

I am a man of principal, and using PayPal does not define that.

Rick, once I create a logo button, Duke and I will become banner advertisers.

I am glad the forum was saved... thanks to everyone.

#191665 - 01/18/21 08:27 PM Re: Current state of the forum. How to contribute. [Re: tunefink]
Eric Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Michigan
Sent what I could via F&F.

Attachments
------972D1B18-3D23-43C4-9071-CAE2F1E6E1E3.jpeg

#191666 - 01/18/21 08:32 PM Re: Current state of the forum. How to contribute. [Re: Eric]
CrazyCajun Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
I'm in too! Kicking some in later this week! Well worth saving!!!!
RKCC CM #051
NRA Member
FlA Knife Makers Assoc.

#191667 - 01/18/21 09:51 PM Re: Current state of the forum. How to contribute. [Re: CrazyCajun]
alan_grombacher Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Canada
Rick,

Sent some via PayPal. Let me know when you get it.

Cheers,

Alan
RKS#5531

#191668 - 01/18/21 09:53 PM Re: Current state of the forum. How to contribute. [Re: tunefink]
crutchtip Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: tunefink
I am not lazy.

I am not a "commie".

I am a grown man.

I can write a check, when I choose.

Name calling is a sure sign of a weak position.

PayPal comes with its baggage, but most things in life do.

I am a man of principal, and using PayPal does not define that.

Rick, once I create a logo button, Duke and I will become banner advertisers.

I am glad the forum was saved... thanks to everyone.

I think it is quite clear, to most anyway, that it makes people lazy in this type of situation, not that they are lazy people. Too lazy get a pen, fill out a check, put it n envelope, throw a stamp on it, and put it in the mail box.

You like it because as you have shifted focus from knife collector to knife dealer, it is convenient for purchasers, makes it easier to buy/sell a knife. I get it. The mental game is it gives folks the "warm and fuzzy" that their transaction is "secure" and they are "protected". PayPal helped create a climate that everyone you deal with is suspect, might rip you off, unless of course you use PayPal.

If it hasn't happened to you already, at some point you may see the specter of the PayPal guillotine of canceled transactions and possibly even a ban. They don't like knives, particularly those that look "mean".

You are too much a capitalist to be a commie Mitchell. I said it was a commie company. Perhaps you misread it.

Not certain where "name calling" was introduced, but I digress.

Weak position? Perhaps in your view, but in mine, it is a matter of principal.I am not going to use a company and its services that are not aligned with my hobby .

I will refresh everyones memories to bans in England, Canada, and elsewhere of double edged blades and IIRC, pocket knives with blades over 3", amongst others. You can look it up. In Canada, you cannot own a Bali Song, again amongst others. What?

So what I am saying is, why support a company that mirrors some of these same philosophies? Particularly for a guy that is making a move to become a major player in the knife business. I highly doubt some of your recent and large transactions were handled by PayPal. You wouldn't pay the fees, and neither would your customer(s).

Nevertheless, all I offered here was my opinion. I love Randall knives and will always be a collector first, will do whatever small part I can to ensure the health of the hobby, and supporting a company that would rather I didn't have "combat knives" ain't it.

BUY-SELL-TRADE

#191669 - 01/18/21 10:22 PM Re: Current state of the forum. How to contribute. [Re: crutchtip]
tunefink Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Bambalam
Rick, Just sent funds F&F for the ad. Working on the art now. Thanks for the lifeline on the forum.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod