Randall Knife Collectors Club Clinton Knives
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#191759 - 01/22/21 06:41 PM International shipments
Captain Chris Stanaback Online
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
As for right now? I'm out! If one of my fine international customers wished to buy or order a knife from me, it will be their responsibility to handle the shipping. I will ship it anywhere in the USofA wherever that is...THOSE FOLKS can handle it from there.
Also: I will not:
* Declare the knife as anything besides "what it is".
* Declare an insured value for anything other than "actual cost".
* Refund any monies for damaged goods, other than what the insured
refund amount "actually" is.
* Argue with you about any of the above!
It is not my fault if your country will not allow certain items to be imported. It's not my fault that these said countries screw you on importation taxes. Basically, it's not my fault for any of this crap...and I am not going to commit federal mail fraud to ease your wallet, etc.
OK: I hope everyone understands. I love selling RMKs..."BUT"...(You knew there'd be a "but" in here somewhere) properly, legally and in complete compliance with all laws...good ones and bad!
Stay sharp, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#191760 - 01/22/21 07:00 PM Re: International shipments [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Eric Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Michigan
I stopped shipping overseas when I needed to declare items as camping tools.

#191762 - 01/22/21 07:44 PM Re: International shipments [Re: Eric]
thevalueman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Georgia
CAPT!!!
You're being too sweet!!! don't sugar coat it!!! Tell it like it is!!!

:-)Rocky
RKCC#25

#191771 - 01/23/21 06:44 AM Re: International shipments [Re: thevalueman]
Neale_Jenkinson Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Lincolnshire,England
Good for you Chris,
I stopped shipping anything into the UK from the states years ago,shipping costs ,plus import duty (11% ) plus VAT(20%) plus collection fee (£11) etc,plus a fixed (read poor) exchange rate charged by the domestic Mail carrier, in total can add well over 40% to the original price paid,simply prohibitive.
Post Brexit we are now seeing EU countries stopping sending product into the UK because the additional paperwork now required is simply not worth the grief,especially on low value shipments,plus VAT at 20% is being charged and collected on your doorstep when your parcel arrives.
I’ll stick to shopping while on holiday.

#191884 - 01/29/21 09:47 PM Re: International shipments [Re: Neale_Jenkinson]
Buck Buchanan Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Fayetteville NC
I have shipped to England once, Australia once, & Germany once (APO). In each case, I shipped them "kitchen cutlery", and then played the waiting game.

I went back and forth with a customer from Quebec, who wanted a Model 14 with a single hilt. I went to the local UPS depot to get some an estimate from an exceptionally good looking young lady behind the counter, and got the info I needed. I relayed this to the customer, and he said, "found one here in the province, thank you very much."

I still have one loyal customer in Belgium who orders one about every year, and he is very understanding about the "add-ons", and the wait in customs. Likely, I'll keep him and refer other folks to Thomas(?) who is an Authorized Randall Dealer in Germany.
Buck Buchanan, RKCC #CM-16, RKS #1003
NRA LIFE
NMLRA LIFE
Authorized Randall Dealer
buck100_10x@icloud.com

#191957 - 02/03/21 05:04 AM Re: International shipments [Re: Buck Buchanan]
Lytridis Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Belgium
European buyer must know the rules and the laws. I'm from Belgium and I've bought several things from US. I always know that I will have to pay +/- 40% more as custom fees and that I will have to wait +/- 3 to 6 weeks after the knife is arrived in the country. We also know that some items are forbidded (as guns for sample). It's part of the deal. U can't ask to a honest seller to lie. Sometimes US post also refuse to send a knife because it is considered as weapon (I've had the problem with a californian seller). This is why I always ask if international buying is possible and that all the custom charges will be for me. 40% may look important but it will always be less than the price asked for a Randall in a european shop. To give you an idea, expect +/- 1400$ for model 18 while you can have it for 600$ in US ( with 40% carges = 840$)

#191968 - 02/03/21 03:47 PM Re: International shipments [Re: Lytridis]
Litch Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Rhein/Main
Shipping to Germany is no big deal. Customs here in Germany will cost about 30% of the original price. And they are slow... but reliable wink

RKCC CMI-006
RKS #5720

Moderator:  Mr_Mod