Clinton Knives
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 40 of 175 < 1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 174 175 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#20402 - 11/12/09 11:07 PM Re: Randall "ordering" questions * [Re: Dirty_Water]
pappy19 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Garden Valley, Idaho
Again, not to argue or anything, but just wondering what the reason is for no antler slabs. I am sure there must be a good reason, inquiring dumb butts like me, just want to know. Many thanks-

Pap
Randall Collector
Behring Made Collector
Ruana Collector
Glock Fan
NRA- Life Member since 1975
mikenlu99@aol.com

#20403 - 11/18/09 11:01 AM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: pappy19]
lunde Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: San Jose, CA, USA, Earth
Here is a question about how the "five chargeable option limit" applies to Non-Catalog knives. Several of them are listed more than once in the accompanying Non-Catalog Price List. Using the Denmark Special (0-F) as an example, one configuration (marked as "(standard) (stag)") is $330, and another (marked as "(photo)") is $375. The only difference that I see between them is the Stainless Steel blade and the Black/Brass Spacers of the photo, which must account for the $45 price difference.

But, my question is how do thse two listings affect the "five chargeable option limit"? If I choose the "photo" configuration, priced at $375, can I still choose five chargeable options, or do the Stainless Steel blade and Black/Brass Spacers consume two of them, leaving me with a limit of three.

The Combat Companion has two versions in the Non-Catalog Catalog, and three listings in the Non-Catalog Price List.
RKS #5344
SHAG #1
#4-6-6-SS #2
http://lundestudio.com/RandallOrderingFAQ/

#20404 - 11/18/09 11:16 AM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: lunde]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
Denmark Specials come with a stag handle & carbon blade. Despite any photos showing options, the "standard" knife is the only configuration that still allows 5 chargeable options. The Combat Companion comes "standard" with a carbon blade, brass double hilt & leather handle. Anything else that is "chargeable" is considered an option and counts towards the 5 option limit.
Best, Capt. Chris

Edited by Captain Chris Stanaback (11/18/09 11:16 AM)
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#20405 - 11/18/09 11:22 AM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Peter_Kaufman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Southeast Utah
Could you spec a Combat Companion with the new Ivorite Border patrol handle, single hilt, sawteeth, thong.
Would you have any options left to change hilt to nickel silver or blade to SS. I would keep RWB spacers
Thanks in advance Capt. Chris

Peter
SAF
RKCC CM-023
RKS #5642
SHAG # 005
Ironwood Nut
Life is too short to have ugly knives

#20406 - 11/18/09 11:52 AM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Peter_Kaufman]
Knife Enthusiast

There is no upcharge to go from the double hilt to the single. You would have one option left is you should want stainless.
Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#20407 - 11/18/09 04:58 PM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
lunde Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Quote:

Denmark Specials come with a stag handle & carbon blade. Despite any photos showing options, the "standard" knife is the only configuration that still allows 5 chargeable options.

While not trying to start an argument, and more like thinking out loud, what then is the point of having two separate prices for the Denmark Special in the Non-Catalog Models II price list? If what you wrote is indeed shop policy, and considering the current five chargeable option limit, it would be useful to footnote the "photo" configurations, noting how many additional chargeable options can be specified.

In the case of the Denmark Special photo, it would mean three additional chargeable options can be specified.
Quote:

The Combat Companion comes "standard" with a carbon blade, brass double hilt & leather handle. Anything else that is "chargeable" is considered an option and counts towards the 5 option limit.

I think that this is a slightly different case, because there are two separate instances of the Combat Companion, 0-D and 0-E. One is as you described (but with a Duralumin Butt Cap), which is 0-D. The other, which is 0-E, has a Black Micarta handle in Commando shape, in lieu of a Leather handle with a Duralumin Butt Cap.

I guess that my questions and comments are suggesting that the Non-Catalog Catalog has not been changed in order to better take into account the current limit of five chargeable options, and how they affect what is listed in the Non-Catalog Price List.
RKS #5344
SHAG #1
#4-6-6-SS #2

#20408 - 11/18/09 06:10 PM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: lunde]
Knife Enthusiast

I'd suggest you contact "GTR" with regards to the "why" & "why not". That's not my field.
Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#20409 - 11/18/09 06:12 PM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
lunde Offline
Knife Enthusiast

You replies to my questions have helped me to better understand how the "five chargeable option limit" applies to the Non-Catalog knives. Thank you.
RKS #5344
SHAG #1
#4-6-6-SS #2

#20410 - 12/08/09 04:19 PM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Doug74 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: NE
Can a leather handled #8 Bird & Trout be ordered with the Old Style Blade? Thanks in advance.

#20411 - 12/08/09 08:07 PM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Doug74]
Rawdawgn Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I have a #14 on order through the shop with the following options: Stainless Blade, Sawteeth, Nickel Silver #1 style hilt, Green Border Patrol Handle, Black Sheath. Can i substitute a piece of green/black linen micarta in place of the shop supplied green micarta or will i have gone over the limit on options? Is it possible to change to a customer supplied handle material after the knife has been ordered? thanks in advance.
chris mcmeans rks#5846

Page 40 of 175 < 1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 174 175 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod