Randall Made Knife dominionhobby.com
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#190283 - 10/03/20 12:02 PM Re: Trump has Covid 19 [Re: Eric]
nate-dogg Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: The Sunflower State
My wife daughter and I wear them anytime we leave the house. Work, grocery shopping, daughters volleyball games, everywhere. Even when there are countless others walking around with no mask. We don't wear them to keep from getting the virus, we wear them just in case we are carriers of the virus to not spread it to others. In theory, if everyone wore a mask it would stop spreading. It's the people who don't wear then and are carriers spreading it. We could still contract the virus even wearing a mask. Its sad that not everyone is willing to do their part to lessen the spread.

#190284 - 10/03/20 12:30 PM Re: Trump has Covid 19 [Re: nate-dogg]
Eric Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Michigan
Prayers for our President. Arrogance will not defeat this virus, unity will.

#190285 - 10/03/20 12:50 PM Re: Trump has Covid 19 [Re: Eric]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Lake Fork, East Texas
Eric: You are correct. We ALL have to pitch in together on this one!

Nate: That is good thinking because half the folks that get it don’t know they have it or where they got it. My doctor scared the $#!+ out of me when he explained how easy it was to catch it and spread it.

And Eric, the mask not only cured my halitosis, one of my friends commented that I was only “half as ugly” with a mask. &#129299;&#128122;&#9760;&#65039;&#128121;&#128521;

#190286 - 10/03/20 02:57 PM Re: Trump has Covid 19 [Re: Eric]
Duke Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Southwest Virginia
Echoing your thoughts, Eric, Coach, Nate,.....IF the ONLY reason to wear one is to protect others, and slow/stop this pandemic however we can, isn’t that enough? BUT I do have even more of a personal investment as my daughter has severe Crohn's disease and has taken immunity suppressing meds. daily for 10 years.
I very much appreciate other’s willingness to NOT pass on any illness, if possible. At the same time I realize everyone doesn’t think the same, and have learned it’s best, for me, to not discuss it. Ever since a gentleman at the last auction I attended said he “didn’t care what SOB caught whatever from him-that was their problem.”
Why discuss that?
Duke;RKS#5567
RKCC-CM-087
Southwest VA

#190288 - 10/03/20 08:57 PM Re: Trump has Covid 19 [Re: Duke]
LarryWW1246 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Rocky--

You are right about how long it took for the medical officials to tell people to wear masks.

But the CDC apparently is still hesitant to tell us that the virus can be spread by all three: aerosol-droplet-contact. And through mouth-nose-eyes. I don't know about ingestion (drink or food).

Yet...the Chinese bought up many masks from here before we were concerned about the virus.

And all the talking heads are saying things about Trump and masks, but just listen to what people have had to go through to get into the White House or anywhere near Trump--including reporters who keep criticizing him and ignoring the precautions they were required to comply with.

The breakdown seems to have been the Rose Garden meeting a week ago where several people have now been diagnosed as positive.

Somebody slipped through, but all the tests have some statistical level of "false negative" results, meaning somebody can have it but the test not detect it. That is why they use multiple tests using different detection technologies for everybody working in the White House and (normally) anybody coming near Trump.

They trust and rely on the tests, and Trump wears a mask whenever he might be going within the "social distance" zone of people who have not been cleared--but you won't see the media cut him any slack on that.

The consequences of this outbreak could be far-reaching.

Larry
ABKA #046
RKS #1246

#190290 - 10/03/20 09:41 PM Re: Trump has Covid 19 [Re: LarryWW1246]
Chief Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
The thing that gets me is they aren't sure about the test numbers, but they keep making decisions based off numbers they aren't sure of.
They are too lenient on some businesses and then to strict on others.
The other topic they stay away from is who is dying of covid only. Last numbers for deaths this year are lower than 2018 & 2019 so far, and this is with a pandemic.
Here in Louisiana if you can get a lobbyist to throw some $ at it, it will get opened up.
RKS #5154

If you put off following The LORD just remember......They don't serve breakfast in hell!

#190295 - 10/04/20 12:37 PM Re: Trump has Covid 19 [Re: Chief]
Windsor Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Texas!
Yeah, the test numbers are all whacked.

A local fire chief was telling me about one of his guys that contracted covid-19 and recovered quickly enough. The city wouldn't let him come to work until after two successive negative tests, since he was a "first responder."

So every other day for three weeks he got tested, then backed off to twice a week. Six weeks into this, he finally tested negative.

As far as "the system" is concerned, they tallied up ~15 "new cases" when it was just one guy was trying to get back to work.

The only two numbers that are difficult to refute:
1) How full are the hospitals/ECUs?
2) Increase in overall deaths (compared to average by month).

I wear a mask out in public. It causes me no grief and "path to least drama" when interacting with others. Also, I wear it properly; over the nose. If I'm gonna do something, I'm going to do it right. Chin diapers are about as useful as an aero wing on a pickup.

#190297 - 10/04/20 03:48 PM Re: Trump has Covid 19 [Re: Windsor]
Chief Offline
Knife Enthusiast

That's funny!
RKS #5154

If you put off following The LORD just remember......They don't serve breakfast in hell!

#190300 - 10/04/20 04:21 PM Re: Trump has Covid 19 [Re: Chief]
Eric Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Michigan
Just dropped off some stuff to my Son who is attending in person classes at the University of Michigan. As you enter Ann Arbor there is a big billboard that reads. #Hail to the mask wearers”. I did not see a single person in AA without a mask on. That was Inspiring!

Edited by Eric (10/04/20 05:34 PM)

#190303 - 10/04/20 07:46 PM Re: Trump has Covid 19 [Re: Eric]
Chief Offline
Knife Enthusiast

LOL what we will be arguing about when the need for masks are done.

Attachments
------like carrying a gun.jpg

RKS #5154

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod